2005 Acura RSX A-Spec | Retro Review

Reaper14

Established Member
I used to have an 02 type S. Loved that car. Gauges & interior were really nice compared to what was out back then.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Always loved these cars, got to spend a lot of time in an 02 Type S that a friend got when we were in high school in 2003.

I've been trying to get a white 05/06 Type S for years for a reasonable price & now I regret not pulling the trigger on the clean 100k mile ones that were $8k years back.

I did almost win an auction for an 01 DC5 JDM ITR Type S (same as US RSX) that's already in Canada and was going to store it until it was legal at a buddies in Quebec, just got too rich for my blood. But damn I'll never have the chance again sub $35k once they're legal...

Reaper14

Established Member
Always loved these cars, got to spend a lot of time in an 02 Type S that a friend got when we were in high school in 2003.

I've been trying to get a white 05/06 Type S for years for a reasonable price & now I regret not pulling the trigger on the clean 100k mile ones that were $8k years back.

I did almost win an auction for an 01 DC5 JDM ITR Type S (same as US RSX) that's already in Canada and was going to store it until it was legal at a buddies in Quebec, just got too rich for my blood. But damn I'll never have the chance again sub $35k once they're legal...
Yeah all those cars get harder & harder to find. Mine was totaled at 16k miles by someone running a red light. Got me a 95 Mazda RX7 after that that I surely regret having to get rid of. But the one I wanted the most was a 99 Eclipse Gst/Gsx. Seen one on BAT a while back that went for a good price. But haven't seen a clean one since.

kaz109

Established Member
Hated this car simply because of this article and I owned a Neon … yes I’m biased lol
https://www.caranddriver.com/review...red-line-subaru-impreza-wrx-comparison-tests/

A19D03EE-BA37-41C5-9E8C-9CBDE7427624.jpeg

Reaper14

Established Member
Them Neons had a lot of potential with that engine they had. If I remember correctly it was similar iron block to that of the GST eclipse. I used to have stacks & stacks of C & magazines along with Superstreet. Good old days

Blackoyote

Established Member
Yeah all those cars get harder & harder to find. Mine was totaled at 16k miles by someone running a red light. Got me a 95 Mazda RX7 after that that I surely regret having to get rid of. But the one I wanted the most was a 99 Eclipse Gst/Gsx. Seen one on BAT a while back that went for a good price. But haven't seen a clean one since.
Hey I'd take an FD over a DC5 all day lol...but yeah the old DSMs were also the shit. I briefly had a GVR4 back in 2001, would love a clean one now but in reality I want a clean basic bolt on 1st gen AWS Talon TSi. Then again since I got my 911 I'm 100% out of space, so that's a problem haha.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Them GST Eclipse were dope AF. I had a 91 Talon and it was awesome! First Turbo car and never looked back..... This one still cracks me up how freaking fast it is! And its a stick shift lol....

Them Neons had a lot of potential with that engine they had. If I remember correctly it was similar iron block to that of the GST eclipse. I used to have stacks & stacks of C & magazines along with Superstreet. Good old days

Reaper14

Established Member
Yeah I first seen this one in the Import vs Domestic event. It's stupid fast & stick shift. I don't think I'll ever have a chance to have one.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
DSM's are the reason I turned into a gear head. Ive owed probably 7 of those stupid cars. Love them, hate them. I always look for clean GVR-4's... I plan to add one of those to the collection some day.

But subject car... That k20 will go down as one of the greatest 4 bangers of ALL time. Certainly the best 4 cylinder out there right now.

Reaper14

Established Member
Yeah the K20 is a Honda gem. Still would take a 99 gsx over anything else from those times. But a K20 swap into a 95-99 Civic hatch back with AWD would be an awesome project car.

SHOdown220

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread