2006 Camaro concept?

QuicksilverC5

Established Member
Exactly, it was rare as heck and likely cost an arm and a leg. Sorry if i gave the impression it was production, you know what's up.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
At least the t-bird and gt are still kinda cool....unlike the gm stuff (hopefully the gto will change that though)

03CobraBro

Established Member
Yeah, I realized that was your point after I had already posted it.. Anyways I think Fords did an excellent job in bringing that name back though. According to some of the guys on ferrarichat.com, ford actually bought a 360, to study, and create a car that could out perform the 360 in every aspect, much like they did with the ferraris running in le manz back in the mid 60's. So I think this GT could prove to be an acception as far as a "Big name to sell" goes.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Car companys always get other cars to test to see how theirs weigh in. When my dad was working on the marauder, ford had a impala ss on the lot. He said the Ford guys beat the piss out of the impala. I want to get paid to beat on cars :).

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by wals9331
At least the t-bird and gt are still kinda cool....unlike the gm stuff (hopefully the gto will change that though)

I dont think the t-bird has really went over as well as ford had hoped... one reason is the price tag IMO. I remember when I was over at Tom wood Ford scoping out the 3 Cobras they had in stock, all coupes MSRP 34,995, and then I walked over to the T-bird and saw a sticker for 42grand, I laughed to myself. Maybe its the style, but who in there right mind would pay 42 grand for that when they could have themselves a Cobra vert for 38?

MightyMo

Established Member
Love the classic ques
looks like somebody is following Fords footsteps..

You know I would have to have one if it came out with a supercharged Corvette engine/ 6spd/ dragpack/ 3:89 gears/ competition orange with white stripes and 18" rims..

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
IMO the t-birds arent worth it either. Its a cool car to drive but i wouldnt own one. Way to expensive. Ford is killing it next year i think. Well, at least its rwd, a v8 and a vert.....

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Originally posted by QuicksilverC5
Don't know if you've noticed, but bumpers have been disappearing in many sports cars for the last 10 years. I looked all over and did't see one on my C5.:rollseyes Cars have crumple zones now.

Of course it would have a V8 and RWD, it's a Camaro. Though I'm not a big fan of all the retro junk made recently, I think this is a nice blend of new and old.

Regarding crumple zones you are right, my mistake. Thaks for correcting me

BTW, they turned the Impala into a FWD :rolleyes:

A:rollseyes

QuicksilverC5

Established Member
Car companys always get other cars to test to see how theirs weigh in. When my dad was working on the marauder, ford had a impala ss on the lot. He said the Ford guys beat the piss out of the impala. I want to get paid to beat on cars :).

Exactly, GM (and I'm sure Ford, etc) have a building where they buy one of every decent car and totally disassemble it to make sure they are able to learn from any new engineering ideas that aren't patented. Part of the reason I have the most respect for cars who are the firse to bring a certain technology to market.

QuicksilverC5

Established Member
As for the T-Bird, it's just ghey. Look at the colors you can order it in. It used to be tough back in the 50's.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Mustangscotty
New T-Bird was made for old people who were around when the first generation T-Bird was still on the road.

Old people maybe... but if ford wanted to capture the true essence of the first gen T-bird, then they would have made one to compete with the Vette. (like it did back in the mid to late 50's.)

QuicksilverC5

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Old people maybe... but if ford wanted to capture the true essence of the first gen T-bird, then they would have made one to compete with the Vette. (like it did back in the mid to late 50's.)

Amen.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
They had one with a cobra motor in it....Ford said there wasnt a market for it though. They also had one with a supercharger on it. Also no market for it. Like i said, I wouldnt buy one. I might buy an LS though (same powertrain just more luxurious). Ford also needs an svt LS to keep up with the M3. That would be sweet.

RWD+FAST=SWEET

03CobraBro

Established Member
They had one with a cobra motor in it....Ford said there wasnt a market for it though. They also had one with a supercharger on it. Also no market for it. Like i said, I wouldnt buy one. I might buy an LS though (same powertrain just more luxurious). Ford also needs an svt LS to keep up with the M3. That would be sweet.

RWD+FAST=SWEET

I do know Saleen was working on one... and I thought they were actually going to release it. (Supercharged 3.9 liter V8 rated at, Ironically, 390hp/390tq)

But god knows how much Saleen would try to charge for it.

wheelspin

Established Member
I don't think this is real, but if it were, it would have a Honda motor like their new Malibu SS. (as per Hot Rod this month.) GM is Ghey lately. Ford and Dodge show 500 HP super trucks, Chevy shows a 345 HP Extended cab. Lame!

Where are the car guys at GM??

Users who are viewing this thread