2006 srt8 charger vs 04 Cobra

LS1FTMFW

Banned
06 Charger SRT8 6.1L VS 03/04 Cobra Mustang - YouTube

My friend's charger with intake, gutted cats, muffler, custom tune vs a bolt on cobra. He made 410ish whp with an intake and catback iirc.

[youtube_browser]oKXjsUORq9I[/youtube_browser]

Charger at the track
[youtube_browser]kecr_yvQZlM[/youtube_browser]

Cobra dyno fresh from the dealership untuned, intake and catback exhaust only no pulley.

cobro_zpsad9e41f6.jpg

Here's the Charger on the dyno.

cha_zpseb2f7701.jpg

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
ahhhh the sound of an unpullied eaton. Makes me miss my mystichrome. Never dynoed my car but I had the same mods but with a diablo predator tune.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Nice run. I'm surprised it was that close. I'm wondering if the Cobra shouldn't have been a gear lower when you guys started.

Did your guy really gut the stock cats vs buying a O\R pipe? That's some old school hot-rodding.

Also - power is likely a little closer than your graphs show. Both are Dynojet, but note the Cobra is STD vs. the Charger is SAE. Based on what I've read, and all other things being equal, STD is going to give you 4-5% bump.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Good Kill OP!

Nice run. I'm surprised it was that close. I'm wondering if the Cobra shouldn't have been a gear lower when you guys started.

That Charger trapped 115 in one of those track runs, you think that Cobra traps much more than that unpullied? Race went about how I expected

musclefan21

Established Member
pretty much a stock cobra. results as expected. That was still a pretty good distance win.

I remember just walking away from a bolts on srt8 charger when i was pullied. it was a brutal win :banana:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Did your guy really gut the stock cats vs buying a O\R pipe? That's some old school hot-rodding.

Also - power is likely a little closer than your graphs show. Both are Dynojet, but note the Cobra is STD vs. the Charger is SAE. Based on what I've read, and all other things being equal, STD is going to give you 4-5% bump.

Gutting the stock cats allows you to pass a visual inspection of the exhaust system.

Nice videos and nice run! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread