2006 Z06 wants to run...

JeffCooper

Established Member
There's a dude out there that wants to run my terminator, which is stock save for a O/R x-pipe, catback, CAI, and out of the box SVT tune...however, Wilbur goes to Fordspeed on Monday for springs, CCplates, and a full set of pulley ' (2.8" upper, 100mm idlers) and a new tune. I believe the Z06 is stock. Do I even stand a chance? I can drive... I think at a minimum, I'll need to pony up for the drag radials or slicks...even then??

badjuicedgt

Established Member
I was wondering the same thing,did you have a pig as a kid or grow up on a farm?Please at least say you don't have personalized tags that say Wilbur.

JeffCooper

Established Member
Hahahaaa... yes, Wilbur. As in, the owner of the talking horse. See profile pic. No personalized tag...yet. Wilbur was taken. My truck is named Midnight, and thought about a tag Nite nite or something to that effect. Blk02Edge - thanks. Said Z06 is box stock...not even a K&N filter. I don't know if he can drive. Said his the was a Supercar. I said, oh, well mine is just a mustang....maybe he should run against my truck instead. :)

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
Stock Z06 puts down around 440rwhp and weighs a good bit less than a cobra..you'll need prayer or missed shift for the W

cobjon57

Established Member
The mods you are adding will push your power level to around 450rwh.The 06 is putting down 435-440rwh stock.With better gearing and 400lbs less weight he will pull you all the way up.Get some 390 gears and M/T 's and dig it 1\4mi you got a shot.

stangfreak

Established Member
It will end very ugly. Trust me. Unless he takes 5 minutes to shift each gear you won't win

Users who are viewing this thread