2007 GT500 build..

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
http://kennebell.net//wp-content/uploads/2017/09/fuel-pump-tech.pdf

According to this article, our dual GT500 pumps (07-12) with a 21v KB BAP can flow 732L. Thats just over 2.5 times more flow than stock output at 290L.

I have to imagine that feeding a bigger blower on E50 could easily be handled by a 21v BAP and 95lb flow injectors.

Agree 100%... the math works out to where we should be fine.

Truth is, KB and others have made 850+whp on a BAP on e85 (i believe) so well within the safety margin of what i and many others are trying to accomplish.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
EDIT: BTW let us know how the MT's work out, they look killer that's for sure.

Cheers,
Ray

Loving them.. went for a run last night and the bastard dead hooks second from any speed. The old tires wouldn't do that... especially not with the smaller upper pulley.

Couple pics of new tires.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Where did you install the bung for the WB sensor?

Drivers side rear o2 bung on my x pipe since rear o2's are turned off.

Looks killer Dom!

Thanks Tony!

Had an absolute blast last night at the roll race event.... got to run a bunch of awesome cars including a TT Hurcan Lambo.

I have a bunch of vids I'll be posting soon.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks Tony!
Had an absolute blast last night at the roll race event.... got to run a bunch of awesome cars including a TT Hurcan Lambo.
I have a bunch of vids I'll be postin soon.
Awesome man. I'll be on the lookout.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Long story short out of 100 cars I made it to the last 6... then the TT Lambo with 1000 hp beat me by 2 cars who went on to win the event.

I'm at my boys basketball game but will get the vids up tonight hopefully!!

If you guys have a chance to do one of these events I highly suggest!!!

Was an awesome time.

Oh... and I didn't miss a shift all night!!! Great results with the trans fluid change.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking forward to seeing the pics/vids.
Sounds like you made it deep and no shame in losing to the eventual winner, I'm guessing TT Lambos do well from a roll :)
Never been to a roll race, couple guys and I want to set up a 1/2 mile race, nothing really like that close by.
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Alright here are a few videos and pics.

I had several races... more than I remember. Probably 10-15 throughout the night and I could have ran more if I wanted... plenty of opportunity to hot lap and keep racing.

Event "open racing" started at 630pm and ran for 3 hours until 930. At 930 "eliminations" started and ran for about an hour and a half until the last man standing.

Some notable races in the "open racing":

--"Grabber blue" Porsche GT3. Was ugly. Video attached. Very nice guy but I crushed him.
--B5 Audi TT s4. Ugly.. not much of a race. Video attached.
--Dodge Stealth TT with upgraded turbos. I didn't get video of this run but this car was fast too. Going in, I expected to crush him but I only beat him by a car or so. No video of this one.
--2nd Gen LS7 powered red Camaro--This is TCI's shop car.

https://totalcostinvolved.com/projectreddawn-super-chevy-muscle-car-challenge/

My buddy is the Marketing Manager at TCI and was driving. This car is wicked. Makes 540 to the tires and weighs 31xx lbs. I was expecting a beating or a very close race due to how the Camaro was performing all night.. He was taking down some heavyweights.

First run I win due to fuel issues with the Camaro. 2nd and 3rd runs are a dead heat. I would say he won race 2 by half a car and I won race 3 by a few inches if that.

Notable races from Eliminations:
I made it through 5 rounds of elimination. Good times!
Round 1: Built 97-02 LS Camaro.. mods unknown. Beat him handily.
Round 2: 1st gen Red Camaro ZL1...mods unknown. Beat him handily.
Round 3: Late model twin turbo v8 M5..Tune and down pipes. Beat him by a few cars.
Round 4: Blue Nissan GTR. Mods unknown. This car beat and eliminated the red TCI Camaro i mention above. I beat the GTR by a car.
Round 5: Some how I got paired with the damn TT Lambo. I jumped a smidge early intentionally to try and get a win but he ran around me with ease and ended up winning by at least 2 cars and was pulling. Damn thing was nasty!

Me vs. the GT3 Porsche..

Me vs GT3 in car..

More vids coming... Youtube taking forever to upload..

IMG_5222.JPG
IMG_5223.JPG
IMG_5226.JPG
IMG_5227.JPG
IMG_5228.JPG
IMG_5229.JPG
IMG_5231.JPG
IMG_5232.JPG
IMG_5233.JPG
IMG_5234.JPG

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Couple more vids. Description on each is up above on post 151.

Here is a little compilation my buddy put together of some of the runs. The GTR and M5 I beat in eliminations are in this video along with my ass being handed to me by the Lambo.

Here are two of the 3 runs I had against Project Red Dawn. First run he had fueling issues. Second run was clean run where he got me by maybe half a car. That Camaro is beast! 31xx lbs and 540 wheel hp LS7.

Here is run 2. I was ever so slightly reeling him in at the end but ran out of track!!

Here is me against the turbo B5 S4.. not much of a run.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome stuff Dom!
Car sounds killer and great shifting there.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Dude!!!! That looked crazy fun.

That little TVS was doing some WORK. Hell, you switch to E85 with a 2.4 upper, 15% lower and a nice port job... your Shelbys going to be hard to beat. And you spent HOW much for the blower? :D :D

Awesome stuff Dom!
Car sounds killer and great shifting there.

Thanks guys.. was a hell of a time. Highly recommended!

Of course now the question is... what next? I NEED MOAR POWER! lol

moncho

Established Member
Congrats!

Man it's incredible what these cars are capable of when modded the right way. Not to mention the driver mod was right up there as well. Fact is you have many of us envious and wanting to be the one in the drivers seat in one of these events. Which brings up the event itself...all I can say it's one of the best I've seen, well done! Yup that TVS means business as you did better then fair well...you held your own and basically excelled. Anyone following your thread will know you got the best bang for the buck on your mods, hands down. The videos were great as well, really enjoyed them!

Cheers,
Ray

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great vids! So are you going from a set mph like 40 roll?
Looks like you're running out 4th? So roughly a 1/4 mile?
I'm around 7k in 4th around 145mph in 1/4 mile.
My car from a 40ish roll I'll pull til about 160mph in 5th.
40-160 is killer in my car and I'd love to play in an event like this.
Skipping the launch from a dig saves a lot if parts.
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats!

Man it's incredible what these cars are capable of when modded the right way. Not to mention the driver mod was right up there as well. Fact is you have many of us envious and wanting to be the one in the drivers seat in one of these events. Which brings up the event itself...all I can say it's one of the best I've seen, well done! Yup that TVS means business as you did better then fair well...you held your own and basically excelled. Anyone following your thread will know you got the best bang for the buck on your mods, hands down. The videos were great as well, really enjoyed them!

Cheers,
Ray

Thanks Ray! Some very kind comments.. much appreciated.

Im enjoying the hell out of this car. More so than my twin turbo '14 GT.

Good lawd your Shelby sounds sick and moves the **** out. Nice driving man. Need more power is say E85 and a 2.4 upper.

Man I want to convert to e85 so bad! I just don't feel like making the financial commitment just yet! I feel like ~$2200 would be better spent elsewhere right now but who knows. Can't put off the inevitable I guess.

Great vids! So are you going from a set mph like 40 roll?
Looks like you're running out 4th? So roughly a 1/4 mile?
I'm around 7k in 4th around 145mph in 1/4 mile.
My car from a 40ish roll I'll pull til about 160mph in 5th.
40-160 is killer in my car and I'd love to play in an event like this.
Skipping the launch from a dig saves a lot if parts.
-J

Thanks doc.... Would have had a few more vids had the GoPro not died and locked up on me!

Your car would have owned this event last night--easily.

The race track was about 1000 feet. Not included in that 1000 feet is about 250-300 feet of "stage" area where you and the other guy pace each other until the light goes green.

Most everyone rolls at about 35mph and then nail it when the light turns green.

Events like this are definitely easier on parts!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks Ray! Some very kind comments.. much appreciated.

Im enjoying the hell out of this car. More so than my twin turbo '14 GT.

Man I want to convert to e85 so bad! I just don't feel like making the financial commitment just yet! I feel like ~$2200 would be better spent elsewhere right now but who knows. Can't put off the inevitable I guess.

Thanks doc.... Would have had a few more vids had the GoPro not died and locked up on me!

Your car would have owned this event last night--easily.

The race track was about 1000 feet. Not included in that 1000 feet is about 250-300 feet of "stage" area where you and the other guy pace each other until the light goes green.

Most everyone rolls at about 35mph and then nail it when the light turns green.

Events like this are definitely easier on parts!
Nice man, it looked like a blast. I'm currently doing 28.5" ET Street R bias for strip, but the 30" 325/45/18 Hoosier DR is a bad b'tch on the street for my car and for something like this I bet.
Keep up the vids man, glad to see someone racing while we're in snow.
I'm installing a Fore fuel system now, not sure if my stock fuel system is an upgrade for you, but my stock pumps/hat and BAP could let you jump on E cheaper?
I'm running ID1300s but I know certain Bosch injectors can be bought fairly cheaply and are safe for E and flow like ID1000s.
E85 would add minimum 50lbft rwtq on your car and right were you want it for rolls.
Love the car man, keep it up.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread