2007 GT500 build..

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I had the 305 MT street SS on my TT coyote car in a 20" and that tire flat out stuck like glue.

Car was a little loose on the highway at speed... not enough for me to dislike it, but you knew that tire was meant to be a serious DR and NOT a corner carver.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Couldn't leave well enough alone.. i had the 2.396" BPS upper pulley sitting on my shelf for a month. Had a few weeks off of work for the holidays so i went ahead and installed it along with a brand new belt. Car still had the original belt from 2007 on it LOL.

Went for a run and im getting 17.1 psi now at the top of 3rd gear. Doing a 3 gear pull starting at 3000rpm it makes about 16-16.5 psi until 5800 rpm or so when it peaks at 17.

Logged it and sent to Lund... all is well. AFR sitting at ~11.5 and rock solid to 6500 rpm. However, fuel pump duty cycle pegs at .50 somewhere around 5700 rpm so ill be adding a BAP sooner rather than later.

Car is a fuggin ANIMAL with this pulley! Gaad Damn. Definitely added HP i can feel... has to be close to 670 now or better.

Also.. my 555r's were begging for mercy prior to the pulley swap so i bought a new set of MT ET Street SS in 305/35r18 for street duty.

I have the roll racing event coming up this Friday night so these tires should do the trick (hopefully). Having them installed today.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Couldn't leave well enough alone.. i had the 2.396" BPS upper pulley sitting on my shelf for a month. Had a few weeks off of work for the holidays so i went ahead and installed it along with a brand new belt. Car still had the original belt from 2007 on it LOL.

Went for a run and im getting 17.1 psi now at the top of 3rd gear. Doing a 3 gear pull starting at 3000rpm it makes about 16-16.5 psi until 5800 rpm or so when it peaks at 17.

Logged it and sent to Lund... all is well. AFR sitting at ~11.5 and rock solid to 6500 rpm. However, fuel pump duty cycle pegs at .50 somewhere around 5700 rpm so ill be adding a BAP sooner rather than later.

Car is a fuggin ANIMAL with this pulley! Gaad Damn. Definitely added HP i can feel... has to be close to 670 now or better.

Also.. my 555r's were begging for mercy prior to the pulley swap so i bought a new set of MT ET Street SS in 305/35r18 for street duty.

I have the roll racing event coming up this Friday night so these tires should do the trick (hopefully). Having them installed today.

View attachment 1455341

View attachment 1455342

View attachment 1455343

Awesome man. Are you on E85?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome man. Are you on E85?

No sir.. not yet... wish i was.

Currently running 91 octane with a bottle of VP Octanium on each fill up. I also have 100 octane at a local pump so i run that somtimes as well.

This car will be an e85 car as soon as i convert to a return-style fuel system.

moncho

Established Member
Man you have quite the beast, AFR looks sweet but the pumps can't have a hiccup @ this point. Yup better get that BAP in real quick like. You know which one your going with?

EDIT: BTW let us know how the MT's work out, they look killer that's for sure.

Cheers,
Ray

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Man you have quite the beast, AFR looks sweet but the pumps can't have a hiccup @ this point. Yup better get that BAP in real quick like. You know which one your going with?

EDIT: BTW let us know how the MT's work out, they look killer that's for sure.

Cheers,
Ray

Good post and i hadn't thought of it that way ... you're exactly right. One pump hiccup and things get ugly QUICK.

I'll probably just run the cheapest KB i can find because i eventually want to go full return style simply because i dont believe lund will tune me on e85 returnless. Although i haven't asked yet... just going off of some posts ive read.

If Jon 2 will tune me returnless, i'll buy the JMS unit along with a set of 1050x's or DW 95's and call it good.

Got the MT's mounted up last night.. i'll get some pics later... they are WAAAAY wider than the 285 555r's that came off it!

Ass end looks mean now.

moncho

Established Member
Seems like you have a good plan of attack. I wonder if the 1050's alone would put you back in a safe zone? Someone more knowledgeable then me would have to chime in. I've read that the 1050's with the stock pumps are good for just over 700 @ the wheels, again should be confirmed.

I was going to mention the JMS unit but can't speak from experience, although that's what Whipple uses in their kit.

Those MT's are bitching! What rim size you running with them?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Lund wont tune e85 on returnless, unfortunately. Would make my life so much simpler if I could get an e50 tune for returnless with a 21v pump booster and 95lb injectors.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Seems like you have a good plan of attack. I wonder if the 1050's alone would put you back in a safe zone? Someone more knowledgeable then me would have to chime in. I've read that the 1050's with the stock pumps are good for just over 700 @ the wheels, again should be confirmed.

I was going to mention the JMS unit but can't speak from experience, although that's what Whipple uses in their kit.

Those MT's are bitching! What rim size you running with them?

My street set up is 18x10 on all 4 corners.

Lund wont tune e85 on returnless, unfortunately. Would make my life so much simpler if I could get an e50 tune for returnless with a 21v pump booster and 95lb injectors.

Yeah.. ive read that. Bummer.

Still.. im going to try to catch him in a good mood before i "pop the question" LOL.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
lol, well pop him a question about e50 then if you can. hey, you try the auto setting on the WOT box yet?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll ask him about e50.

Negative on the auto setting ... im happy with how fast the 175 setting is for now.

Based on your feedback im switching my trans fluid tonight to Redline D4 ATF. Amazon just dropped off a gallon at my house an hour ago haha.

I have that roll race tomorrow night.. if my 175ms setting (or my trans) gives me shit, ill try auto. Bringing laptop just in case.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Why no E85 tuning on returnless?
I just had a Fore triple Walbro 465 return system delivered, but I had no issues returnless with my '14 over 900rwhp.
Logs looked great.
I trust Lund, just would like to hear reasoning.
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Why no E85 tuning on returnless?
I just had a Fore triple Walbro 465 return system delivered, but I had no issues returnless with my '14 over 900rwhp.
Logs looked great.
I trust Lund, just would like to hear reasoning.
-J

13/14 cars have dual Coyote pumps stock which outflow my pumps by a big margin.

Guessing that has to be the reason but I'm still gonna ask Lund to do it!

Users who are viewing this thread