2007 gt500 clutch question

SparkSVT

Established Member
Posting this for a freind who recently bought an 07 GT500 with 10.3k miles on it. It now has 11,500 miles and he is experiencing a signifigant chatter when letting the clutch out from a stop in first gear. Does anyone know what this issue may be and if it is a costly repair?

barstoolman

Established Member
Chatter is normal unfortunately for the '07 and '08 clutches.....more importantly, they are not part of the Clutch Drag/Warped Flywheel TSB and its various revisions. The only way to eliminate chatter and that OEM clutch is either by installing the clutch current in the '10's and 11's, any of the aftermarket clutches or, in some cases, installing 3:73's.

Good luck..

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
My 09 Chatters, but the Aluminum drive shaft replacement made it where I don't feel the vibrations nearly as much. The factory 2 piece shaft had the center carrier bearing attached to the body of the car transmitting the vibrations into the cabin. The aluminum shaft isn't attached to the body at all.

I've also read that upgrading the rear end gears to 3.73 eliminates the chatter 100%. The car is factory with 3.31 gears.

3.73 is a mod I'm soon to do.

69b302

Established Member
You can easily drive the car in a manner that avoids the chatter. A little more gas and rpm and it will not chatter. Chatter is bad if you drive conservatively.

GT50008

Established Member
TSB for Chatter.

Put your friggin foot on the gas!!!

Chatter solved..or trade car in for an auto

:banana:

Exactly. I don't understand why so many people are reluctant to give the car some throttle. I let a friend test drive my 08 and it killed me with the amount of chatter he could produce.

chuckstang

Established Member
Exactly. I don't understand why so many people are reluctant to give the car some throttle. I let a friend test drive my 08 and it killed me with the amount of chatter he could produce.

Well, give it throttle and you will light the tires up or burn the clutch haha

Users who are viewing this thread