2007 GT500 Eagle F1 Question

Andouille

Established Member
i just purchased a 2007 GT500 in a private sale. I asked the previous owner to take the Shelby to a local Ford dealer for a safety inspection and have the computer codes pulled. All was fine and I purchased the car yesterday. The dealer reported the tires are original. So, yes they are ten years old but look good and have around 5/32 tread left. I'm going to replace them because of age, and I'm inclined to do so sooner rather than later. So, it has been suggested to me because they are original tires they may have value. Is this true and what might that value be?

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
There's no value in original 10 year old tires. The F1s are fine at stock power levels, but if you're planning any HP mods you'll need a softer compound tire to help with traction

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
No value at all imo.

The car was mass produced, as were the tires.

The only way they would be worth something is if someone had a car with 100 miles and wanted to keep it concourse correct at a show 20 years from now.

If they are in decent shape I would keep the two best as spares, say in case of an emergency if you got a nail or a flat and needed one tire real quick to get you by.

My 2000R came with "special tires" with a tread wear rating of 100, the replacements came with a rating of 200. I didn't keep any of my original tires when they were worn out, and I knew you couldn't get originals any more. Didn't bother me a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread