2007 Shelby 40th (Super Snake) Convertible 124 miles

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I'm listing this for my brother-in-law...

This is a 2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible with the Shelby 40th package installed. This package is only steps away from the Super Snake package, but was called the "40th" as most of you know already.

Details of the package can be found on Shelbys Website (I assume). Upgrades include; front/rear brakes, front/rear sway bars, front/rear shocks, struts, and springs. 20" Shelby Razor wheels. FRPP 605 hp supercharger. Short throw shifter. Complete exhaust system. Carbon fiber splitter, side skirts, and mirror covers. Interior trim parts with the "Shelby" logo. Unique Shelby badging on exterior. And many more parts. This package was $28,000 roughly.

Car was purchased in feb 2007. The Shelby 40th package was installed spring 2008. This car has 124 miles on it. It's never had a license plate screwed to it. It still has the window stickers attached to the window. Other than being purchased and titled by my brother-in-law, this car is brand new. Runs and drives flawlessly, as it should. It's been stored inside from the day it was purchased.

I'm sure there is more you guys want to know, feel free to PM, or post up here. He paid WAY more than what he's asking, but his business went under, so it's got to go.

Asking $74k and open to offers. It's going on Ebay in the next couple days. I have MANY more pictures if anyone wants a pic some something specific, let me know.

05GT104.jpg

05GT095.jpg

05GT105.jpg

05GT101.jpg

05GT096.jpg

05GT091.jpg

05GT108.jpg

05GT109.jpg

05GT115.jpg

05GT112.jpg

05GT125.jpg

05GT120.jpg

05GT137.jpg

05GT132.jpg

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I would like to hear all your honest opinions on this car and it's price....

I haven't found another one for sale, or that's sold, so we're sort of guessing on value. There can't be too many around with this combination, and with just over a 100 miles on it, it's brand new.

Anyway, I'm open to hear all your thoughts. Negative, positive or otherwise.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I love the car it looks great. I just don't think the market is gonna get you 74k. Hear is what I see as...

+'s
Amazingly clean car, practically new, TVS, Brakes, Carbon fiber accents, brake cooling mods, and a CSM #,

-'s

skinny razors, (some) may prefer a coupe for all out power, '07 so it's got clutch problems (if it hasn't been addressed already), and, does Shelby change the heavy crank pulley on the '07's with the addition of the TVS?

A brand new '09 conv. could probably be purchased for apx. 42k (IDK) and I'd say your mods could probably add another apx 10-12k. I could see a loyal shelby enthusiast paying 52-55k for a 40th annv. car like you have. Good luck with the sale though. That's a great looking car. Too bad it isn't a better time to sell.

Last edited:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Great car, good luck with the sale. Did Shelby install the right fender emblem a little crooked, looks like it. With the new cars coming out it might be a little harder to get top dollar for the "older" bodystyle, but an amazing car, showroom fresh.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Did Shelby install the right fender emblem a little crooked, looks like it.
Yes they did. That was one of the first things we noticed when it came back. I hate to admit this in this thread especially, but Shelbys' work, IMO, isn't exactly top notch.

And for anyone considering having the SS package done, your car sits outside in a dirt parking lot across from the Shelby facility for weeks while it waits to be moved around throughout the transition.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Shelby Convertibles are going for low 40's, you add the 28k for the 40th package and that's close to 70k. With that said, I honestly don't see it going for much more than 60k.

It's a beautiful car.

BTW, I agree with your assessment of Shelby's work, I've known a couple of guys that worked for Shelby doing the conversions, and they weren't exactly rocket scientists.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
beautiful car, good luck trying to get $74k. I wish you the best. What makes a Super Snake so special besides the Kennebell Upgrade and 20" Alcola's ?

glenner

glenner
Established Member
I have my custom 2003 Steeda for sale on Ebay I have over 105,000 in receipts I found so far have in book I use my car for shows never raced or driven any rain. I keep it in a garage I trailer it I would be willing to trade and cash, have it for sale for 60,000 on eBay I had two very well known shops built this car only reason for selling is my friends have supersnakes three of them to be exact and another has the 40th in a black hard top. So if interested call 1(906)-553-1281 Glen

glenner

glenner
Established Member
My car is going in dupont registry they feel I will get what I am asking because all the documentation. If you have it in 60-90 days I will buy it. No room In garage I have my car a H3x. That is all that will fit. The alpha is on the way out and the raptor will sit in the front yard. I won't keep a mustang outside ever.

RossSVT

Established Member
And for anyone considering having the SS package done, your car sits outside in a dirt parking lot across from the Shelby facility for weeks while it waits to be moved around throughout the transition.

Wrong! They are stored inside various buildings prior to build. The Shelby GT program is where they stored vehicles in the adjcent lot due to the volume being converted.

Good luck with your sale though.

jazz05

Established Member
Having spent way too much time in Vegas (Shelbys) I never witnessed a car left out overnight and I'm curious what makes you say this is a SS , wrong wheels, wrong hood , no SS emblems , I'd say its a 500 w/40th upgrade and options ,:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread