2008 gas guzzler tax

Fastfords

Established Member
I saw on another board a discussion about the gas guzzler tax being reconfigured and now it will be around $3000 on the 08' Shelby's? Has anyone heard anything about this?

OCCOBRA

Picture Whirled Peas
Established Member
That is crap. Yet light trucks can suck the gas and no problem. Who care, like any one cares will not buy because it sucks gas. BFD. If you where worried about gas millage you would not be looking at these cars. It's like the silly luxury tax they had at one time. Stupid Congress....I don't care even if gas is 5 or 6 dollars a gallon like in Europe the pedal is to the floor. Oh, and you have not played Black Jack for $10 a hand. I think i am getting more for my money than getting the Indians rich, No offense...

Last edited:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
So far that is all rumor. The epa is changing the way it figures GGT. Using the new method and the old fee schedule, the tax goes up. My feeling is that the EPA will also adjust the fee schedule down and the GGT will be similar to what it was before.

Just something else to bitch about on the internet.

jimbobbeg

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
So far that is all rumor. The epa is changing the way it figures GGT. Using the new method and the old fee schedule, the tax goes up. My feeling is that the EPA will also adjust the fee schedule down and the GGT will be similar to what it was before.

Just something else to bitch about on the internet.

The fee schedule is actually set by the IRS, I suppose because it's a tax. I believe, it will take an act of congress (literally) to change the tax rate.

Users who are viewing this thread