2008 GT500 or 2011 GT/CS

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Awww butthurt much? Didn’t realize my opinion met so much to you...

It doesn't. Learn to spell.

Although I agree that the 05-09 cars are not lookers, the big exception is the Shelbys. I think they look great.

Same as with the S550s, I dont like their looks either, with the big exception of the Shelbys.

Truth! Full disclosure... 05-09's are ugly AF IMO. 07-09 Shelby looks ok with aftermarket wheels... They're not easy on the eyes in stock form.

11-14 stripe-delete Shelby is one of the best looking cars of our time.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd say, go ahead and install the parts that you have in your sig as "awaiting install" and then decide if you still wish to trade for the inferior platform.
^This. I bet you change your mind.
Have you thought about a TVS supercharger as well?

But on the other hand, those boosted Coyotes are no slouch either.
Good luck.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I don’t blame him. 05 - 09 cars are disgusting to look at.

Between the GT500 and Coyote, I would take a Coyote.

You can make a Coyote strong and fast. You can’t make an early S197 look good.

This, no ****ing way I'd get a 05-09 Mustang. They're all ugly, however, the Bullitt is the least ugliest of them all.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Yea I used to looooove the 07-09 GT500, wanted one so bad, but settled for something I could afford, a GTO.
Car just looks dated, that body style didn’t age well.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Im not sure how any heterosexual red blooded American can think that this car (minus the silly hood pins), didnt age well...

Thats about as silly as saying the Terminator didnt age well... just because one sees a ton of clapped out new edges that break after 68 miles of driving, does not mean that they all didnt age well.

A clean / well done 05-09 SVT is just as clean as any other year SVT. Just gotta do it up right.

IMG_9779.JPG

Never_Enough

Established Member
Yea I used to looooove the 07-09 GT500, wanted one so bad, but settled for something I could afford, a GTO.
Car just looks dated, that body style didn’t age well.
Unless an old school GTO, the GT500 has aged much better than the GTO that GM last made...

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Unless an old school GTO, the GT500 has aged much better than the GTO that GM last made...

The GTO was universally blasted as boring and ugly when it launched. Nothing has changed.

You buy one because they are cheaper then a WS6, come with an LS2, T56 and actually have a nice interior.

I would argue the car has a nicer interior then a Gen 5 Camaro, better visibility and is less offensive to look at.

It still sucks however.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Different strokes, the fact that the GTO hasnt been replaced and the GT500 has is why I think the '07/'09 GT500 hasnt aged very well. You can put wheels on the thing, but the front just looks dated. The regular '07-'09 s197 aged worse.

The GTO was universally blasted as boring and ugly when it launched. Nothing has changed.

You buy one because they are cheaper then a WS6, come with an LS2, T56 and actually have a nice interior.
The WS6 was never more expensive than an LS2 GTO. Not sure about prices now, but when I had the gto back in 2007, there was no way in hell a slower & older ws6 was more expensive. GTO prices during that time were close to terminator prices. I stuck with a GTO because the drive from Camp Pen to Bay area was my semi monthly commute, GTO is a better highway cruiser.

Not to change topic, I agree with what zyborg said, install the pending parts. I wasnt really paying attention to what op posted, but keep current car since you've already put down money on mods.
Maybe wait for the next GT500 to come out for the trinity gt500 prices to drop.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Different strokes, the fact that the GTO hasnt been replaced and the GT500 has is why I think the '07/'09 GT500 hasnt aged very well. You can put wheels on the thing, but the front just looks dated. The regular '07-'09 s197 aged worse.
Replacement or not, that has nothing to do with how a car ages. Also, Pontiac is dead so of course it has not been replaced! The 4th gen WS-6 has aged well, but not the 4th gen Camaro IMO. They still make the Camaro, though...

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m talking about GTO be WS6 prices today. LS1 GTOs are $4-6k and LS2 seem to be $8-16k. The older, slower WS6 goes for those numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Never_Enough

Established Member
I’m talking about GTO be WS6 prices today. LS1 GTOs are $4-6k and LS2 seem to be $8-16k. The older, slower WS6 goes for those numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Where can I get a CLEAN GTO without insane miles that I can daily drive reliably, if I want to, for $4k? I have not seen them. For $4k, I'd even consider buying one just to **** with. Toss some spray at it & have some cheap fun.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Replacement or not, that has nothing to do with how a car ages.
Being replaced has less desirability and to me shows more age. The 07/09 s197's have not aged well. The '07/'09 GT500 has been replaced in looks dept 2x now and soon in s550 form too. This is part of the reason why I want a Fiesta ST, they won't be making anymore. Wish I had a chance to own a new S2000 too.
I used to love the ZR1, but now that the C7Z Z06 is out, I wouldnt even look at a ZR1.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Where can I get a CLEAN GTO without insane miles that I can daily drive reliably, if I want to, for $4k? I have not seen them. For $4k, I'd even consider buying one just to **** with. Toss some spray at it & have some cheap fun.
I know, lol 4k for a GTO, shit, **** looking for a fiesta, that could be my new beater. I can sell my 85k mile '00 accord and pay only registration for what you can supposedly get an ls1 gto for.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I know, lol 4k for a GTO, shit, **** looking for a fiesta, that could be my new beater. I can sell my 85k mile '00 accord and pay only registration for what you can supposedly get an ls1 gto for.
You seem to be wrong, sir. I checked the entire US on Autotrader & the only GTOs for about $6k were wrecked. Nothing on ebay for $4-6k

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Being replaced has less desirability and to me shows more age. The 07/09 s197's have not aged well. The '07/'09 GT500 has been replaced in looks dept 2x now and soon in s550 form too. This is part of the reason why I want a Fiesta ST, they won't be making anymore. Wish I had a chance to own a new S2000 too.
I used to love the ZR1, but now that the C7Z Z06 is out, I wouldnt even look at a ZR1.

Terminator has been replaced even more then the early GT500 and it still looks as bad ass as when it was new...

13/14 Cars still look amazing next to the S550.
I was over the ‘05 look by 2006.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
You seem to be wrong, sir. I checked the entire US on Autotrader & the only GTOs for about $6k were wrecked. Nothing on ebay for $4-6k

eBay and Autotrader are always overpriced. Keep an eye on Facebook and Craigslist.

I’ve seen several, and yes, they are high mileage beat piles with automatics.

Users who are viewing this thread