2008 GT500 or 2011 GT/CS

ViciousJay

Established Member
Yea I used to looooove the 07-09 GT500, wanted one so bad, but settled for something I could afford, a GTO.
Car just looks dated, that body style didn’t age well.
It's still a nice vehicle! the body kits from ANZ are expensive to have shipped but I saw someone locally that did it and it was awesome!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
You seem to be wrong, sir. I checked the entire US on Autotrader & the only GTOs for about $6k were wrecked. Nothing on ebay for $4-6k
You quoted the wrong guy, i never follow ls1 gto prices. the ls2 i would entertain for a DD. Loved mine, miss it more than my 5.0. LOL

XtraTQ

Established Member
I vote buying an S550 and selling me your wheels at a steep discount ;)

TBH, I’d stick with the GT500.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Different strokes, the fact that the GTO hasnt been replaced and the GT500 has is why I think the '07/'09 GT500 hasnt aged very well. You can put wheels on the thing, but the front just looks dated. The regular '07-'09 s197 .

They didnt replace the GTO because nobody was asking for them... it didnt age well from the get go

They didnt replace the aztek either

All the gt500s look like big bad musclecars. The GTOs look like Cavaliers that have been hitting the gym and drinking milk

Last edited:

Riptide

Established Member
Transmission in the GT500 > 5.0
Unless we're talking the auto which is a apples vs oranges situation.

How much can the 5.4 hold? Figure around 600ish on the gen1 coyote. On pump anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread