2008 gt500 trans tag

TheGovernment

Established Member
So, im just about to order some parts to rebuild the 6060 in the shelby. I ordering everything through BPS. He needs the trans tag for the gearing im guessing. The issue is, i dont have a door tag (got stripped off and never replaced when door inner was painted...not by me)
And we had the car on the hoist today (i work at a gm dealership) there is nothing to be found, there were 3 of us looking around and we couldnt find any tag of any kind.
I went to ford, they used my vin and they couldnt find it....
So, is there any other way to get it? Would it not be the same trans as all the other 2008 gt500s? Same gearing etc?
Should ford be able to find the info with the vin? Or ??? Lol any help would be great.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So, im just about to order some parts to rebuild the 6060 in the shelby. I ordering everything through BPS. He needs the trans tag for the gearing im guessing. The issue is, i dont have a door tag (got stripped off and never replaced when door inner was painted...not by me)
And we had the car on the hoist today (i work at a gm dealership) there is nothing to be found, there were 3 of us looking around and we couldnt find any tag of any kind.
So, is there any other way to get it? Would it not be the same trans as all the other 2008 gt500s? Same gearing etc?
Should ford be able to find the info with the vin? Or ??? Lol any help would be great.
All the 2008 trans were the same. Same as 2007 and 2009. The 2010 had changed 2011-2012 were different and 2013-14 different

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

Youre looking for a little metal tab tag. Bolted to the rear of the transmission. Looks like this:
20180201_181010.jpg

TUET followed by the number and letter are Tremec internal part numbers. Identifies your build, case, gears, bearings, synchros and shafts.

Users who are viewing this thread