2008 KR w/salvage title value check

raccol

Established Member
What's a salvage title 08 KR with just over 9K miles and nav worth? It has all the docs and then some but the bad news is it has been rebuilt due to a front-end collision.

Is it even worth considering because of the title? How much should the title status affect long-term value?

Thanks in advance for any input.

bcrawford67

Established Member
is it a ford dealer? They typically wont deal with salvage/rebuilt title cars. I would only go 70% of market value for a rebuilt title car. you might even have some trouble with certain companies getting a loan for a rebuilt title. Id walk away from that, theyre dreaming at $55k or even $49k, theyre not even in the right ballpark. If you want it for investment purposes, then buy a clean one and spend the money. If you wanna strip the car and make it a nasty street/track car, buy a non-KR car to do it to.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
I would say they generally bring 70-75% depending on the condition of the car.. I have a 2012 gt500 with a salvage title 1200 miles SVTPP but i put it together with all brand new OEM parts and i know it was done right.. 75% value would buy my car nothing less. Thats the only problem with some salvage cars because some people dont know what your doing and take short cuts.. I personally would never buy a salvage car from somebody else.. I been there and made that mistake.

gearhead08

Established Member
omg salvage KR id pay 30 max they are smoking the reefer if they want 49k thats what clean titles are going for just gotta look for em.

DJ Red Barron

Boost Addict
Established Member
That dealer is probably under the sad impression that a KR is worth $80k (clean title) because some people out there are still asking that for them. The thing they don't get is those cars aren't selling.

As already stated in this thread, clean title, low mileage KRs can be had in the mid-to-high $40k range.

If the car has been fixed right, I'd still only offer $30-$32k.

DJ Red Barron

Boost Addict
Established Member
As already stated in this thread, clean title, low mileage KRs can be had in the mid-to-high $40k range.

Show me
I have talked to more than one high end pre-owned dealer who sells GT500s as well as KRs on a fairly regular basis. The sale prices quoted to me (because I have been looking for one) were in the $44k range. These were clean title cars with less than 5k miles on them. If you want to see them, call around and go have a look for yourself.

Sure, plenty of people are still asking a LOT more than that for them. But are those cars actually selling at the asking price?

I know a guy locally who has one with 1,500 miles on it. He told me he was wanting to sell it a few weeks ago. His price he is going to ask? $87k. I am not saying it will never sell for that price. There is an @$$ for every seat. But it's not going to be easy or fast to get that kind of money out of that car.

bossman302

Banned
I bought a Clean title one Owner 09KR for 43K All Paperwork, car is mint. Don't get sucked into a salvage KR for High dollar you will never sell it. Also one dealer had a Lemon Law buy back 09 KR for the clutch for 39K a few months back.

dvups1

Established Member
Wow, that's a big price for a salvaged car. I would steer clear and get a clean title KR for that price.

Mine has a couple of extra Shelby specific parts (door sills, master cylinder cap, COA)from Shelby America to go with the original docs and I would be happy if someone gave me $49K for it.

Users who are viewing this thread