2008 order bank opening?

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
03reptile said:
Has anyone heard from reliable sources when the order bank will open up for the 2008 Gt 500's?
I'm talking to a local dealer here in Houston, TX and they keep trying to sell 2007 GT500 to me for 10K over. :(

chuckstang

Established Member
What upgrades?
I heard revised rear shocks and HID option, did I miss anything?

I was going to order an 08 but every dealer told me the soonest I would get the car is Sept or October and I wanted one this summer because up here in Boston it is pointless to buy a car then because it will be sitting for a long winters nap.

THE_STIG

Established Member
My Dad and I ordered our 08 for $5k over back in Feb. They said we probably will take delivery sometime in December at the earliest, it sucks but i'm in college anyway so i can't even drive it

69b302

Established Member
1bad04cobra said:
Tell them you don't want that piece of sh*t,the 08's have upgrades:D

Sounds like you place a high premium on the 08 mood lighting, rightfully so reading your post(another bitter terminator poster). The list of 08 options has been floating around and is c/p below.

FROM THE FORD ORDERING GUIDE
2008 SHELBY GT500 Info.

Paint Options:
D3 TORCH RED CC
G5 ALLOY METALLIC
G9 VISTA BLUE CC
HP PERFOR WHITE CC
UA BLACK CC
U3 GRABBER ORANGE
ZY VAPOR CC MET
------------------------------------
some NEW Options:
31S MUSTANG VPC
317 SHP THRU-AMPORT
422 CALIF EMISSIONS
425 50 STATE EMISS
428 HI ALT PRIN USE
429 NON HI ALT USE
50S SAT RADIO W/6MO
51H HID HEADLAMPS
58X DVD NAV SYS
85A ALLOY STRIPE
85E EBONY STRIPE
852 WHITE STRIPE
854 WHITE STRIPE
95M MOOD LIGHTING

chuckstang

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
I'm ordering mine next week, should be in by June!

Tim

How did you get them to gaurantee you an 08 so soon?
Everyone I talked to said they would not get their 08s until Sept or October, that is why I ordered an 07.
Do you know if the HID lights are a go and how much do you think they will cost from Ford? I plan on replacing mine with those and could possibly apply the alloy stripes to my black coupe.

1bad04cobra

Established Member
I was only saying to mess with the dealer,but i guess it didn't come across right.I'm not a bitter term poster,i'm always defending the shelby and will get one soon hopefully:read:The 08's have a few things that may sway people to wait especially with the possibility of falling prices.I don't know if it's enough to get dealers to come down on any 07's left over though.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
I'm ordering mine next week, should be in by June!

Tim
According to SVT (as of today), the '08's don't even start production until June, and that was a "probably". Realistically you're looking at end of July or into August before you see it if production really starts in June.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
According to SVT (as of today), the '08's don't even start production until June, and that was a "probably". Realistically you're looking at end of July or into August before you see it if production really starts in June.
That may be true, I'm just going by what the dealer told me.
I talked to SVT yesterday and they told me they didn't know Job 1 yet!:rollseyes

Chuck I had my 07 gauranteed in 2005, when the wrong car came in I ask them to move me to the first 08 since all the 07's were already sold!

Tim :D

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
That may be true, I'm just going by what the dealer told me.
I talked to SVT yesterday and they told me they didn't know Job 1 yet!:rollseyes
First, never trust a salesman. And that's about the same answer I got from SVT as well. I would think this sort of thing would be planned out already.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
First, never trust a salesman. And that's about the same answer I got from SVT as well. I would think this sort of thing would be planned out already.

It is! They just don't want to tell us yet! :)

Tim

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Anyone have a really good color comparison between Alloy and Black? How do you think White with Alloy stripes would look? My place in line pushed me into 1st quarter 08', HID's, Mood lighting, Nav, sweet.

69b302

Established Member
1bad04cobra said:
I was only saying to mess with the dealer,but i guess it didn't come across right.I'm not a bitter term poster,i'm always defending the shelby and will get one soon hopefully:read:The 08's have a few things that may sway people to wait especially with the possibility of falling prices.I don't know if it's enough to get dealers to come down on any 07's left over though.

Sorry, I mis-read your post. Good luck, hopefully you can land a GT500 soon.

Users who are viewing this thread