2008 order bank opening?

Yes around June job one is about right. when the 07,were up for production it was in june of 06. So the dealers will start seeing them around the end of july,or begging of august. Talked to John today at svt/ford performance. that's what he said,and pricing of an increase of thew 2008 will be moderate,pending on how you order it.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
69b302 said:
Sounds like you place a high premium on the 08 mood lighting, rightfully so reading your post(another bitter terminator poster). The list of 08 options has been floating around and is c/p below.

And you sound like another snobby gt500 poster who thinks their stuff dont stink. He was obviously being sarcastic :kaboom:

Kinson

Established Member
A friend of mine just ordered their '08 for $64K. She didn't care what it cost she just wanted the "in" car.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Got my car ordered today! They did the paper work. Vista Blue with White stripes, int upgrade & HID's. Now the waiting game plays on! LOL

Tim

Did Ford release the MSRP on the 2008 yet. If so how much,and what are the options for it and how much is the gas-guzler taxs. Did that go up.Also how much if any is the ADM.Any one hear any info on the KR. I talked to John,wed.,and he said he thinks the MSRP,will be around $65,000,00,after shelby american has a finished product.He also said that the ADM will be at a even higher figure.At least $50,000.00 over MSRP,if not more then that. If so I'm definetly out and will be quiet content will my 2007 shelby gt500. I'd like one but i refuse to pay more then 5,to 10-thousand over MSRP,for a 2008 shelby GT500-KR.Just my thoughts.
I also visited a chevorlet dealership,#17 dealership in the country for selling corvetes and will definetly get some. The salesman told me the new Z06,will be called Blue=Devil,&-650HP,MSRP around $100,000.00. The Z06-SS-will have 750HP,and MSRP around $150,000.00. He assured me that they will sell any Zo6 whether it's the Blue-Devil,or the Zo6[SS]-will go for MSRP,and no ADM. He stated they do not add the ADM to any corvete. This is the Dealers name in Lafayette,Louisiana--Service-Chevrolet-[337]888-9411--
[337]-234-9411--call if interested.
4313 cameron street
Lafayette,Louisiana
PS,sorry i forgot the salesman name ,but he is a young man,and will e-mail me pictures of the two vetes.When i get more info.,i'll post the information. So if interested in one call them up. It's a lot for a vete but look what your getting 650/750HP,also i believe he stated only 1000 vetes of each will be built from my understanding. Sorry for posting this about a vete,but it's nice to have options,beinf Ford Dealers will Add this High ADM. It's got me thinking,and beliece me i Bleed Ford Blue inb my Blood.

Last edited:

03reptile

Established Member
Well, since I started this thread I can tell you that today I ordered my 2008 Gt500. Its White with Center stripe delete and blue rocker panal stripes. Got the upgraded premium interior, Serius, mood lighting, and HID's. Didn't opt for anything else. Ford accepted the order, but indicated that job one had not been set and the order would be processed upon its' start up date. Spoke with Ford performance and they have no production start-up date, as of yet. Job one for 2008 regular Mustangs is 06/25/2007, so the Gt500 should not be far behind. Probably late June or early July, depending on the summer two week shut down time. I'm just thrilled that I'm going to get one. I'm not paying ADM, so am even more happy about that. It does pay to do business with one dealer for over 25 yrs. and having bought numerous new vehicles from him over that time. My allegiance has paid off in spades!! Patience did prevail! Incidently, there is no pricing info, as well, so I can't tell you how much the base MSRP is for the 08 or any other options. I do know that retro- fitting HID's on a 2007 could be very expensive due to different and heavier wiring harnesses that are necessary. At least that was true on a Focus SVT, owned by a friend who paid for the change over.

Last edited:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Kinson said:
A friend of mine just ordered their '08 for $64K. She didn't care what it cost she just wanted the "in" car.
It pays to have money. Sometimes I wish I could just buy whatever I wanted.:(

Dave07997S

Established Member
The main option upgrades came in the late 07's I thought?? Such as DVD based Nav, bluetooth connectivity as well as the "mood lighting". I think the 08's are just suppose to get different calibration for the suspension. What do I know, I bought a Porsche...

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread