2008 Summer Thunder Cruise, Saturday, August 2nd.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
August 2nd, 2008 SATURDAY!!!!

Ok Girls and Boys, here is the deal. I am attempting to organize a cruise in conjunction with this event and we need to know about how many to expect.

Ron "FERRARO41" has been a great help in contacting some of the folks that run the show in Leesburg, so together he and I are trying to organize this day.

PROS:

Saturday event, which I feel is better than a Sunday deal

2-3 PM Start, so we can cruise prior to the event

We can enjoy the "Grand Entrance" as a club and all park together after the cruise

CONS:

none

Bottom line is:
We need a count so we can set aside the parking area and it also will have a bearing on how late we can arrive and still make the show.
I don't like to be a very early person on the weekends as that is MY time to sleep in/off any Hangover that may be present. ;-)

What I suggest is we gather around 10:30 ish to 11 am, depart on the cruise noonish, and arrive at the party between 2-3. Yes, that would make it a 2 hour cruise :rockon::rockon:

We have not planned a route yet, but I am sure it will be fun. I will ensure there are no dips/bumps/air to catch big enough to damage our equipment (Greg)...once the route is selected, we may have a practice/qualifying lap as we did for the Mountain Cruise :banana::banana:

DG, this may turn into a sticky, or not, your call.

This summer cruise is a huge party, bound to be fun, and we get to cruise and then eat at the party. So come on out and enjoy the fun...see you at the starting grid.

Linkie = http://www.summerthundercruisein.com/events.htm

Attendees
1) kens03cobra
2) Ferraro41
3) TDoh
4) convert03cobra
5) TeddyKGB
6) Gaboon
7) Rick James???
8) Iron Terp
9) Zaxjax
10)
11) quikhuh
12) Donpablo94svt
13) MaCaNs
14) Red Poison
15) ScottinSSMD
16) stsltd
17) Evs04Snake
18) GetBlown2k3 ?
19) fiveoh2go

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
This is an awesome show!!!! One of the biggest of the year in the Washington Area. And will be a great cruise out and back.

I'll be coming back from the beach that day and will try my darndest to be there. You can put me down Ken......

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Count me in since Rob already committed for me. Damn this is way the f* out in BFE.

My boys are coming as well

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
BFE...lol. Now you know how us VA boys feel since most of you guys, most shows, most GTG's and most shops are all in Maryland. :poke:

Feel free to organize more events in VA or try to increase VA membership and it won't be a problem.

:bash:

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Oh simmah down now...I was just pokin fun ;)

Besides I have tried, I've convince a few people to at least check out the MACA website.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I'll look at the calendar when I get home.

If I'm free, I'm in! :banana:

I'm sure I can find a jump out there, especially if we come down Rt 9 through WV. :rockon:

Last edited:

qwikhuh

Established Member
For once I have no conflicts and can join in an MACA event! I am in!

donpablo

Established Member
Please count me in. The real only CON is you'll need to get there much earlier for decent parking. 2006 they were parking cars entered in way out and in the grass. To park together, let alone on hardtop, you may want to make this a breakfast cruise with a time over target towards 11:00. 2007 they were on the baseball field which had some mud issues.

The cars represented is impressive, to include a Shelby Series 1 and an original Shelby AC cobra (both owned apparently by the same lucky SOB). While there was some rice, it was quite minimal. I'll even bring a canopy or 2 for some shade. Vendors on site, although no restaurant really close. Bring your H20 and sunscreen.

Paul

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Please count me in. The real only CON is you'll need to get there much earlier for decent parking. 2006 they were parking cars entered in way out and in the grass. To park together, let alone on hardtop, you may want to make this a breakfast cruise with a time over target towards 11:00. 2007 they were on the baseball field which had some mud issues.

The cars represented is impressive, to include a Shelby Series 1 and an original Shelby AC cobra (both owned apparently by the same lucky SOB). While there was some rice, it was quite minimal. I'll even bring a canopy or 2 for some shade. Vendors on site, although no restaurant really close. Bring your H20 and sunscreen.

Paul

Thanks for the info, as I am Newb at this event....

Ken

:beer:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Count me in since Rob already committed for me. Damn this is way the f* out in BFE.

My boys are coming as well

It's really not that bad BakWax. It's a pretty nice ride if you go the 270->15->340 route. Then again, you are coming from BF Southern MD, so it is a bit of a haul......

Users who are viewing this thread