2009 Door Panel Issues

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
Hey guys, my dad has an 09 GT500 and the leather on the door panel keeps coming unglued. He's tried a few different glues to adhere it but nothing seems to work. His car is in the garage when not being driven.

Has anyone else had this issue or what might be the best solution outside of an upholstery shop?

Zemedici

Established Member
Is he using the correct glue for the application? That upholstery adhesive is some strong stuff as long as it’s allowed to set up correctly

He in a hot climate?

HKusp

Established Member
The 05-09 S197's are known for this issue. It's not the glue, it's the fact that the foam backing is deteriorating. Any decent upholstery shop can replace the backing panel. I had mine done in a faux suede and it looked AWESOME.

Zemedici

Established Member
The 05-09 S197's are known for this issue. It's not the glue, it's the fact that the foam backing is deteriorating. Any decent upholstery shop can replace the backing panel. I had mine done in a faux suede and it looked AWESOME.

Bam there it is.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
Is he using the correct glue for the application? That upholstery adhesive is some strong stuff as long as it’s allowed to set up correctly

He in a hot climate?
Yeah he has used upholstery glue to super glue (probably not the best idea)

We are in Houston TX lol!!
Perfect, thank you and I'll be sure to let him know!

Users who are viewing this thread