2009 gt500 brand new 39000.00

Extreme281

Banned
It trips me out on how so many people hate on the shelby and hope for this in that,coming from somebody that has both of them ,the Shelby GT500 is an all around better car and is alot faster with the same modifications ,ill save you the fat pig weight issue ,fyi the Shelby is roughly 100sh punds heavier so if its fat so is the 03-04 Cobra ,buy a notch then

HELLFYR

Back in the game
Established Member
03-04 cobras are pigs too, just of a differnt breed.

Would love a GT500... ain't happening for me though.

Efi-Street

Established Member
That's an awesome deal. FYI, there was an 07 on autotrader for quite a while here in GA for $31,500

Big Top GT

Jackstand Racer
Established Member
I am YET to see a 2007 or 2008 GT500 below $35,000 (that has super low mileage).

Whoever said 2007s should be in the high 20s now.....yeah maybe if someone is sacrifice selling...

I saw a grabber orange turbo GT500 for sale for like 37 or 38 a few weeks back. Only had a few thousand miles on it, too.

Deals are out there, but you have to be patient.

I'm blown away every time I hear that a paying customer offered to buy a car, but the dealer is holding out for the POSSIBILITY of someone else offering more.

I'm looking for an M3 right now and you wouldn't believe how they're trying to hold onto pricing on the 08 left-overs, even though the 2010's are coming out soon.

No wonder the auto industry is in such dire straights.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Damn that GT500 is at the same dealership I bought my 08 GT from. If it only wasnt white lol. Maybe I should check them out to see if there are any left in a decent color :)

About 40 miles from my house :D

DisturbedGT500

Established Member
Yeah only downfall to it.
But when people are asking $5,000 more for a 08 or even that for used cars. White isnt the end of the world.
They have lots of options out there just have to be patient and the right deal will come along.
You are right tho should see lows 30s for 07s and 08s before long.
Altho more people like this body style than the new 2010. So value may hold or go up since demand will be there.

These cars are not gonna be a reg mustang guy's... These cars are gonna see a low point and go back up. My buddies got a 68 GT500 White/Blue Stripes 250,000. Will buy it Now, Whats the diffrence today.. Its still was built the same way the 07-09 was. People just need to hang on to these cars, And 07 was the first year for the car and It should be worth more than the 2010's

And If the information is correct.. Shelby had a 5 year plan on these GT500's So that means that 2011 would be the end of the contract. So, The COBRA car will go to a Standerd svt and house a 5.0 32 Valve

SVT_4_me

Established Member
cheapest i've seen listed was $33,500 on autotrader.

Someone on another forum picked one up for $32,500 with 20K+ miles it and the car ended up having some issues...

Which forum did someone have problems in?

i don't remember what forum he posted on, but he bought the car from dgussin1 on this forum...

aquill1

Established Member
I've read that guy's story and that really sucks. Dude went on (plane), train, & automobile to pick up a lemon. If its too good to true then there must be a hidden gremlin waiting to emerge.:D

I can't believe how contempt the guy was. I would have been raging! :fm::mj::cuss::cryying:

commando

Established Member
Faster and have more potential? What a load of bullshit.
:lol:

Hell, you can find some Terminators in the teens already. If the Shelby's hit the 20k mark, the Terminators will be in the 10k's

:lol:

A load of bullshit my ass. I have owned both. The terminator is faster. I owned an 03 tenth anniv and sold that and got an E55 then sold that for an 07 GT500 and then sold that for my car now- an 04 terminator. Terminators are faster. Just race one wit5h your GT500 and you'll see. Stock for stock the terminator walks the shelby with ease. My pullied shelby got walked by a pullied terminator with ease too. The drive by wire system kills response and the stroke is too long. The shelby has the same bore as the terminator meaning ford got ALL of the extra displacement by stroking to over 4" killing the nice revving characteristic's of the 4.6. Plus it has cracked rods which break at about 800 rwhp when they have terminators with stock internals making over 1000 at the tire.

So don't tell me...I have owned both and the terminator is wayyyy faster. And I got documents and pics of all my cars to back my claims up and witnesses who saw the races themselves and saw the shelby get whipped on.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Got an offer from a ford dealer for a brand new 09 GT500 Vista Blue KR for $69K :eek:

KR's are all over the dealers lots now in so cal. Almost no more 09 GT500's except for the one I'm buying Friday for way under sticker and even just under cost. Thats right, cost, not invoice! Will post up numbers after we agree on final price:D My trade in of my 08 is holding back the deal until I get out there and they can appraise it which will be tomorrow night. :)

Users who are viewing this thread