2009 gt500 brand new 39000.00

aquill1

Established Member
$69k for a kr! That's insane! I remember a ford dealer in hurst tx wanting quite a bit over $100k...I wonder how many idiots did it?

HELLFYR

Back in the game
Established Member
$69k for a kr! That's insane! I remember a ford dealer in hurst tx wanting quite a bit over $100k...I wonder how many idiots did it?

Local dealers here are still trying to get over $80k for the KRs... as expected, they just sit on the show floor and gather dust.

Fastfords

Established Member
:lol:

A load of bullshit my ass. I have owned both. The terminator is faster. I owned an 03 tenth anniv and sold that and got an E55 then sold that for an 07 GT500 and then sold that for my car now- an 04 terminator. Terminators are faster. Just race one wit5h your GT500 and you'll see. Stock for stock the terminator walks the shelby with ease. My pullied shelby got walked by a pullied terminator with ease too. The drive by wire system kills response and the stroke is too long. The shelby has the same bore as the terminator meaning ford got ALL of the extra displacement by stroking to over 4" killing the nice revving characteristic's of the 4.6. Plus it has cracked rods which break at about 800 rwhp when they have terminators with stock internals making over 1000 at the tire.

So don't tell me...I have owned both and the terminator is wayyyy faster. And I got documents and pics of all my cars to back my claims up and witnesses who saw the races themselves and saw the shelby get whipped on.

I see this type of attittude all the time from Term owners. I wonder, there was recently a video posted here of a GT500 2.6/Cai/Tune with DR's running a 11.17. I have also heard of a similar car with gears and exhaust running 10.65 as well. I am curious, where are the videos of Cobras with simialar mods running better times that that? If they are indeed faster at every stage of modding from stock on then there should be a bunch of vids showing that??? Show me the vids of upper pulley only Cobras in the low 11's and I will agree they are at least AS fast.....On a side note, maybe a GT500 takes a better driver than you had on hand at the time......

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I see this type of attittude all the time from Term owners. I wonder, there was recently a video posted here of a GT500 2.6/Cai/Tune with DR's running a 11.17. I have also heard of a similar car with gears and exhaust running 10.65 as well. I am curious, where are the videos of Cobras with simialar mods running better times that that? If they are indeed faster at every stage of modding from stock on then there should be a bunch of vids showing that??? Show me the vids of upper pulley only Cobras in the low 11's and I will agree they are at least AS fast.....On a side note, maybe a GT500 takes a better driver than you had on hand at the time......

Well I don't think an 03/04 is faster than a GT500. However with my week old GT500 I have been less than impressed with its power. Maybe its new? Maybe it so heavy it doesnt feel fast? Maybe I got spoiled with a Cobra with more hp and less weight(after light mods)?

However IMHO Ford did a better job "upgrading" a terminator from a regular Mustang than they did with the GT500. My gripes.....Cheap azz visors, door map pockets that are fawking useless(I used to keep several cd's in my cobra), v6 exterior mirrors, 4x4 rear ground clearance, rear mudflaps?????????, cupholders that are directly in the path of the shifter and are a nightmare to drive if you have a drink, and for such a big car, my cobra felt roomier in the inside especially the space between front and rear seats(absoultely no leg room). Cobra also had better seats with more controls.

As you can tell I'm not quite enamored with this car, hopefully it'll grow on me!

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Buy a ford......they don't mooch your money!!

I haven't seen to many GT500s running at my local drag strip (Gateway International Raceway...on da east side BRO!) But I did enjoy watching a black 03 Cobra with a hair drier dip into the 9s about 2 weeks ago. Full interior w/ac. I believe he is a member here. I know he is on the local forum here in St. Louis, stlmustangs.com You can argue all day long about who's faster....just go out and smoke some rice and a few bow ties!!!

Fastfords

Established Member
Well I don't think an 03/04 is faster than a GT500. However with my week old GT500 I have been less than impressed with its power. Maybe its new? Maybe it so heavy it doesnt feel fast? Maybe I got spoiled with a Cobra with more hp and less weight(after light mods)?

However IMHO Ford did a better job "upgrading" a terminator from a regular Mustang than they did with the GT500. My gripes.....Cheap azz visors, door map pockets that are fawking useless(I used to keep several cd's in my cobra), v6 exterior mirrors, 4x4 rear ground clearance, rear mudflaps?????????, cupholders that are directly in the path of the shifter and are a nightmare to drive if you have a drink, and for such a big car, my cobra felt roomier in the inside especially the space between front and rear seats(absoultely no leg room). Cobra also had better seats with more controls.

As you can tell I'm not quite enamored with this car, hopefully it'll grow on me!

I hear you, I am in no way saying the GT500 is the perfect car. I also don't care for the placement of the cupholders but remember,a Ford GT does not even have any.....As for me, I think a L is a perfect daily driver. Can't wait to run into a new Camaro in mine....LOL.....

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
i hope the 03/04 cobra lose there value fast... So i can buy me one :D

theres one for sale locally and the guy has title in hand. Small minor bolt ons black with 20k miles... he wanted 28,000... i said your out of your mind... Were talking 03-04 z06 prices.

We had a 2003 Cobra Title in hand black with 25k miles and he was selling it for 13,999. I applied for a loan to get it (it had a squeaky supercharger belt) but by the time i got approved some doush bag bought it lol... yea hes a doushe bag cause he got a great deal...

well i think it was.. who knows what was wrong with it... it was pretty roughed up shape... all though an older lady drove it

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I hear you, I am in no way saying the GT500 is the perfect car. I also don't care for the placement of the cupholders but remember,a Ford GT does not even have any.....As for me, I think a L is a perfect daily driver. Can't wait to run into a new Camaro in mine....LOL.....

That was my plan, but the wife said I had better use the GT500 as my DD.:shrug:

commando

Established Member

Ever heard of the famous Eaton only cobra in the tens??????

check out "So-Cal Terminators.com" The guy is on there with vids.

The GT500 is slower. As for you questioning my driving skills, the GT500 is easier to drive (shift) becuase it revs so slow...now the redline did drop from 6500 on the terminator to 6000 on the GT500 but like I said it revs slower than the cobra so it is easier to drive...unless were talking about around a corner.

I think the GT500 is a pretty capable car but they made many more mistakes with it than the terminator. I will say I do miss the stereo and the ipod jack. Other than that, I don't miss too much else about it and am glad to be back in "the pinnacle of mustang evolution"-the terminator :)

Fastfords

Established Member

The GT500 is slower. As for you questioning my driving skills, the GT500 is easier to drive (shift) becuase it revs so slow...now the redline did drop from 6500 on the terminator to 6000 on the GT500 but like I said it revs slower than the cobra so it is easier to drive...unless were talking about around a corner.

I think the GT500 is a pretty capable car but they made many more mistakes with it than the terminator. I will say I do miss the stereo and the ipod jack. Other than that, I don't miss too much else about it and am glad to be back in "the pinnacle of mustang evolution"-the terminator :)

I assume by "Eaton only" you mean stock blower with upper pulley only??? I will have to check that out.

I am under the impression the redline on the GT500 is 6250, not 6000 as you stated.....

commando

Established Member
Don't get me wrong about the GT500. It has it's good points without a doubt. It just pisses me off that Ford (after doing an excellent job on the terminator IMO) goes and puts this car out that could and should have been one of the best machines on the road. Why put the triton engine? To save money of course. Why not use the same cast iron or even the old teksid blocks and bore them .020 over and keep the nice stroke length and have a fast revving S/C 302? We would be looking at a 3800 lb car instead of a 4000 lb car and possibly even less with a solid rear axle. Then, the thing that really gets me is the g-damn "drive by wire" crap. I think with the solid rear, an S/C 302 and 3600-3700 lbs the car would have been a real contender (as far as four seaters go) on any stage. I have heard that Ford plans to do this when the shelby run is over and SVT produces another cobra. But we hear so much bs everywhere, who knows if it is true. I also heard that the drive by wire is required by EPA or DEQ or some govt agency and all new cars will be equipped with it. Maybe within a few years, we will have learned how to tune the shit out of them and get them to slam open immediately when the pedal is pushed to the floor and that will cure the lag in responsiveness we have seen so far. I like throttle cables-when your stand on the gas, there is no doubt that the blade is wide ass open. It's nice knowing there is a mechanical linkage there and not a computer damping (slowing, reducing magnitude) a voltage signal to keep you from hammering your drivetrain to keep warranty costs down. Just my thoughts and opinion. The shelby is a nice car that gets alot of recognition where ever it goes and usually gets respect too. I just prefer the old underrated under the radar terminator. It was priceless a few Friday nights ago when I killed a brand new M3 (the one with the 507hp V10). He started it and was on my ass instigating a race. He was embarrased after I walked him easily and by a few car lengths in my "old 4.6L mustang" :rockon:

BTW...I apologize for hi-jacking the owners thread. GLWTS.

Last edited:

Fastfords

Established Member
We would be looking at a 3800 lb car instead of a 4000 lb car

I am under the impression a non-shaker 1000 GT500 weighs 3850? Is that not correct? The difference in weight between a Cobra/GT500 is less than 200lbs I have been told for the 70+ rwhp increase. (370ish stock vs. 440ish). I find it funny that so much was made of the GT500's weight only to see the Camaro and Challenger come to market and either equal it (Camaro) or exceed it (Challenger). Drive by wire is just a natural step in vehicle control most likely designed to benefit the manufacturer, not the owner or mod shop.

BTW...I apologize for hi-jacking the owners thread. GLWTS.[/QUOTE]:thumbsup:

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
If the Terminator does lose its value and can be had for 10K you will see me with a Black 10th Anniversary and a Mystic without a doubt to go with my 03 TR...Terminator = Iconic...Greatest mustang ever assembled IMO...the sound, power and looks are just outstanding...

Prodigy SVT

Established Member

The 5.4 has more torque than the 4.6 which get's that heavy car moving faster from a dig. If you are dogging on the 5.4 DOHC GT500 engine your nuts! It's the best motor Ford has ever made besides the Ford GT Super Car's 5.4 Aluminum block engine.

What are these "mistakes" that you are reffering to? At least they don't have a cylinder head tick recall and a cooling issue on the drivers side rear of the cylinder head like the Terminators had. The Terminator was a heavy bitch too lets not forget.

How is the GT500 slower? The damn things run low 10's/high 9's and make 800 RWHP with a blower and exhaust upgrade with a supporting tune. Sounds to me like your just bias. The GT 500 is twice the car as a Terminator plus it doesn't have a POS IRS Rear that blows Half Shafts when you put slicks on and launch hard. Don't get me wrong, I love the 03/04 Cobra and have alot of respect for them, but I am puzzled that you have come to the conclusion that the Terminator is a better car than the GT 500??????? I don't know how you can call a 25 year old chassis platform the "pinnacle" of Mustang evolution either?

Go for a ride in a GT500 with a Stage 3 Kenne Bell Mammoth 2.8 plus full exhaust and tell me that it revs slow and that their is a "lag" from the drive by wire! BTW, there are plenty of tuners out there that do "tune the shit out of them and get them to slam open immediately when the pedal is pushed to the floor". Ever hear of Jon Lund? He tunes the GT 500 Drive By Wire throttle response like it's a friggin on off switch.

Last edited:

svtR6

Established Member
We won't be seeing any GT500's in the 20's anytime soon. These dealers are trying to kill people on the prices with new and used ones. I have seen several used 08's and 09's for upper 40's. Why would I pay $48k for a new or used 09 when I could buy a 2010. Looking for a well priced good car is very frustrating:cuss: even in this "poor" economy. It just makes me want to go buy a corolla and forget about the "dream" car. :bash:

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
The 5.4 has more torque than the 4.6 which get's that heavy car moving faster from a dig. If you are dogging on the 5.4 DOHC GT500 engine your nuts! It's the best motor Ford has ever made besides the Ford GT Super Car's 5.4 Aluminum block engine.

What are these "mistakes" that you are reffering to? At least they don't have a cylinder head tick recall and a cooling issue on the drivers side rear of the cylinder head like the Terminators had. The Terminator was a heavy bitch too lets not forget.

How is the GT500 slower? The damn things run low 10's/high 9's and make 800 RWHP with a blower and exhaust upgrade with a supporting tune. Sounds to me like your just bias. The GT 500 is twice the car as a Terminator plus it doesn't have a POS IRS Rear that blows Half Shafts when you put slicks on and launch hard. Don't get me wrong, I love the 03/04 Cobra and have alot of respect for them, but I am puzzled that you have come to the conclusion that the Terminator is a better car than the GT 500??????? I don't know how you can call a 25 year old chassis platform the "pinnacle" of Mustang evolution either?

Go for a ride in a GT500 with a Stage 3 Kenne Bell Mammoth 2.8 plus full exhaust and tell me that it revs slow and that their is a "lag" from the drive by wire! BTW, there are plenty of tuners out there that do "tune the shit out of them and get them to slam open immediately when the pedal is pushed to the floor". Ever hear of Jon Lund? He tunes the GT 500 Drive By Wire throttle response like it's a friggin on off switch.

We won't be seeing any GT500's in the 20's anytime soon. These dealers are trying to kill people on the prices with new and used ones. I have seen several used 08's and 09's for upper 40's. Why would I pay $48k for a new or used 09 when I could buy a 2010. Looking for a well priced good car is very frustrating:cuss: even in this "poor" economy. It just makes me want to go buy a corolla and forget about the "dream" car. :bash:

I agree with both of you...as a Terminator owner, I absolutely LOVE my car. It looks great, sounds mean, and is faster than most cars on the street; all I have is an intake and tune, but will someday do a pulley swap for more power. However, I just can't get over the GT500. I think it is a fantastic car and I want one. I just can't see paying $40K for it when I can pay $20K for a Terminator. The flywheel issue is another deal breaker...the fact that all 07's and most 08's have the issue combined with the fact that Ford ain't fixin' the problem under warranty unless the car is showing symptoms really makes these two years off limits for me. But damn I love that car!

Carbon Driven

Established Member
There is one other fact about why the GT500s are better then the Termis... They are newer and more modern. The new edge style is now two modles old. I have an 01 but when I get in my GT500 its blows me away every time! Sure my 01 is not like a Termi but when I get my Eaton Swap done I will be able to compare more fairly.

Users who are viewing this thread