brentman2007

Established Member
That was the gayest promotion video of all time

and the new night rod makes that look like a piece of garbage

just my opinion :shrug:

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Ugly bike imo. Looks like some kind of bastardization and mix of wannabe cruiser, naked bike. Yeah it may have a huge engine and some other tech, but it is still a Yamaha.

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
This is STUPID. It *could* have been a fantastic bike! But between the

5 speed (no 6 speed) tranny
overweight
Standard forks (not USD)
18 inch rear tire (who the hell carries 18 inch tires?!?)
shaft drive

Well, it comes with more power, and at least what looks to be radial brakes. But the above is 20 years ago, there is no reason to do the above.

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
so from that video i learned that if i am a 45 year old nerd who wears sunglasses at night and wants to do burnouts on a motorcycle- i should buy this....

Drewzilla

Established Member
That was the gayest promotion video of all time

and the new night rod makes that look like a piece of garbage

just my opinion :shrug:

You got that right. The new night rod is badass. There's one parked outside of the gym just about everyday and it's the special edition with the red lip around the wheels and all blacked out. Ive never been a huge fan of Harleys but it's one of the baddest bikes Ive ever seen in person. Very sweet. The Vmax...ehh...isnt hitting on much. The night rod is cheaper as well.

R1Lello

Established Member
Ugly bike imo. Looks like some kind of bastardization and mix of wannabe cruiser, naked bike. Yeah it may have a huge engine and some other tech, but it is still a Yamaha.

You have to be kidding......"still a Yamaha", oh yes that's right......reliable, powerful, better than yours, needs almost little maintenance vs. yours......that's right, a Yamaha. Yours come with an Italian mechanic in the crate for you valve adjustments that are required often ????

nosvmax

03 Cobra (spoiler delete)
Established Member
[URL=http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=09vmax11280ty6.jpg] [/URL]Vmax fan since 85. Remember when they first came out, I was 17. $5299.00 145 crank hp 119 rw. It would do 75mph in 1st gear and a top speed of 145...not bad for 1985. It was the fastest production bike for many years. I currently have an 89 with 60k+ on the clock..still runs like new..and eats v-rods for breakfast. Cant wait to see some numbers on the 09.

Last edited:

Thrust

Established Member
I won't commint on the bike, but I will say that that is one of the worst vehicle intros that I have ever seen.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
the new V-max has way more torque than a busa or a ZX-14. while the new V-max is faster than my 2004 V-max, i still like my old skool V-max better. it looks like my next bike will be either a Harley or a custom chopper

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread