2010 Audi S4 pass....

primetime

Established Member
Hit the strip today...

2010 Audi S4: tune, pulley, hfc's, catback, intake, larger HE, sways, bbk, bbs wheels...

MPH wasn't registering right based on previous visits as I usually trap 117-118... watch the gopro vid as I go through the traps... no biggie...

GOPR0082 - YouTube
00111 - YouTube
IMG00373-20120407-1355.jpg

primetime

Established Member
Thanks guys... Hoping to run 11.5x with a little weight reduction... blower upgrade should be out in a few months so that will be fun... lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How much weight are you looking to get rid of? Good run by the way. Thanks for posting the video. :burnout: :rockon:

primetime

Established Member
How much weight are you looking to get rid of? Good run by the way. Thanks for posting the video. :burnout: :rockon:

Thanks man! Well so far I have done the following:
BBS wheels - 11lbs per corner or 44lbs in total
Brembo BBK - 9lbs per front wheel or 18lbs in total
Catback and HFC's were about 30lbs lighter in total
I also take the spare and tools out at the track which is 45lbs in total

Plans:
LW rear rotors - 8lbs or so per wheel
LW battery - the stocker is 57lbs! Think I can get a 30lbs one
Whatever else I can come up with! LOL I won't do any ricer stuff like removing the interior and such...

Little 6 cyl getting it!

Yeah, not bad for a 3.0L DI motor... Can't wait to strap the 1.9L blower on it:rolling:

TerminatorFTW

The Orange
Established Member
Yeah, not bad for a 3.0L DI motor... Can't wait to strap the 1.9L blower on it:rolling:

I've been following these for a while... they're starting to catch up with the 335's in terms of mod-ability. Any word when blower upgrades or porting will be out?

primetime

Established Member
I've been following these for a while... they're starting to catch up with the 335's in terms of mod-ability. Any word when blower upgrades or porting will be out?

Yeah the 335's are still ahead as there are more of them and better aftermarket support as a result... I am quite happy with where the car is at though... A few compaines are working on the blower upgrade and it should be out later this year(I hope)... Porting won't net much as Audi uses a ecu controlled bypass valve on the air inlet side that is the bottle neck... Plus these TVS blowers don't have a lot of material to port like the older Eaton blowers... TVS 1900 will do the trick though which is the one the CTS-V uses...

Awesome job Ron! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for that 3.0t.

Thanks! Hoping for a TCU tune, some more weight reduction, and then a blower upgrade... Should be a very low 11 second car when all said and done...

Beezy

Established Member
What's the mileage like with the V6?

The B8 S4's are definitely a great car, but I miss the V8. Not as much as a fan of the S/C sixxer.

primetime

Established Member
What's the mileage like with the V6?

The B8 S4's are definitely a great car, but I miss the V8. Not as much as a fan of the S/C sixxer.

I honestly don't daily it and haven't kept good track of the mileage... it's rated at 18city 28highway... I think that is realistic depending upon how you drive it... I actually prefer the FI motors over NA... The NA 4.2's are finally starting to make some good numbers and run good times but my car is faster than any B6/7 S4 and there is only 1 RS4 faster and he is running a 15K blower on the car...

Seems like in the video, the shift to 3rd gear slips a bit. Is that just the nature of the DSG trans?

Good eye... yes the tach falls back and I beleive the clutches are slipping a tiny bit by design... It only does it on that shift and it does it all the time on all the DSG cars... HPA is supposedly working on a tune for the tranny that will raise the redline, give us a good LC, and firm up the shifts... Heck I am cutting consistent mid 1.6x 60's now by launching off idle... So LC and a slightly higher redline will help quite a bit especially since I am shifting into 5th right before the traps...

nicksender

Established Member
Wow, that was a great run and a beautiful looking car. I have run at Thomson many times over the past 20+ years and they always seem to fight problems with their timers, especially the MPH. The last time I was there I was running 113 MPH in the left lane and 116 MPH in the right lane, LOL. I'll have to keep an eye out for your car the next time I get out there. Good luck knocking down those times even more!

peteypab2133

Established Member

Plans:
Whatever else I can come up with! LOL I won't do any ricer stuff like removing the interior and such...

Nice car, and great run!

Here is a little 9 pound battery we ran on our evo's that buschur racing sells.

https://secure.buschurracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_29&products_id=85

can get the tray too. Sure it can universal

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Plans:

Pretty nice weight reduction, and more to come. ;-)

primetime

Established Member
Wow, that was a great run and a beautiful looking car. I have run at Thomson many times over the past 20+ years and they always seem to fight problems with their timers, especially the MPH. The last time I was there I was running 113 MPH in the left lane and 116 MPH in the right lane, LOL. I'll have to keep an eye out for your car the next time I get out there. Good luck knocking down those times even more!

Thanks! I am out there most weekends in the S or my Mustang(blown/built 99 GT 35th ann.), so if you see me say something... It's not the best track but since I live in Concord it is 15 mintues away and you can usually get a decent amount of passes in if there isn't an event... But yeah the MPH's can be all over the board... no biggie...

Wow that is awesome! Congrats, what a sweet ride.

Thanks!

Nice car, and great run!

Here is a little 9 pound battery we ran on our evo's that buschur racing sells.

https://secure.buschurracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_29&products_id=85

can get the tray too. Sure it can universal

Will have to look into that... thanks for the link... I'll give them a call...

moving pretty good

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread