2010 Boss 302 "R" 400 hp

svttim

MCA National Director
Established Member
As it always should be. I still shake my head at the entire wrapper thing.

Absolutely. If youwant to race it, buy it. If you want to make money in the future anly to let the car sit in a garage, pass on it

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Ok, to clear some things up. To my knowledge we will still be running the "Cammer" engine next year in Koni. I've heard but have no confirmation that they are working on creating a new engine package for us that would be closer to a street engine to try and somewhat reduce costs. That is still being debated though. Is it really that much cheaper to have a street engine built to run in the series or paying someone to build a bunch of equal, sealed engines that we don't have to worry about? I've heard some debate but I obviously don't know the intricacies of it.

The current "Cammer" engine does run a restrictor from what I've seen on a dyno it seems to be about a 30-40hp drop somewhere in the neighborhood of 10%. I guess you could consider that "severely" restricted:shrug:

Once again I may be wrong but the way I understood it was that the $79,000 car will be the replacement for the FR500S and the $129,000 car will be the replacement for the FR500C as has been stated previously.

If you're looking for a race car that has a VIN check this out as an option. Bruce has already posted here about the quality and performance of this car. I've worked on several of these already. They are built to be raced, but can still be registered. Some provisions may need to be made depending on what your DMV requires of specific parts.

Rehagen Racing

svttim

MCA National Director
Established Member
Ok, to clear some things up. To my knowledge we will still be running the "Cammer" engine next year in Koni. I've heard but have no confirmation that they are working on creating a new engine package for us that would be closer to a street engine to try and somewhat reduce costs. That is still being debated though. Is it really that much cheaper to have a street engine built to run in the series or paying someone to build a bunch of equal, sealed engines that we don't have to worry about? I've heard some debate but I obviously don't know the intricacies of it.

The current "Cammer" engine does run a restrictor from what I've seen on a dyno it seems to be about a 30-40hp drop somewhere in the neighborhood of 10%. I guess you could consider that "severely" restricted:shrug:

Once again I may be wrong but the way I understood it was that the $79,000 car will be the replacement for the FR500S and the $129,000 car will be the replacement for the FR500C as has been stated previously.

If you're looking for a race car that has a VIN check this out as an option. Bruce has already posted here about the quality and performance of this car. I've worked on several of these already. They are built to be raced, but can still be registered. Some provisions may need to be made depending on what your DMV requires of specific parts.

Rehagen Racing

Bruce raved about this car. A great choice as well!

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Typically they produce around 410hp to the wheels WITHOUT the restrictor.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Generally yes, right in that range. Most of them seem to be around 380 but every once in awhile a good one comes along. Anything under 370 would be pretty worn out.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
I need the engine to be in the 350whp range for American Iron. You think use a larger restrictor?

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I need the engine to be in the 350whp range for American Iron. You think use a larger restrictor?

Depends on what resources you have available to you. I am assuming that you are good on torque so you only want to restrict horsepower with the engine. You could probably do it simply by tuning the engine differently. Obviously would want to work with a good tuner so that you don't do anything detrimental. If you know a good guy he can surely play with things to get the end result that you are looking for without a restrictor I would think. I'm not a tuner so I can't say that for sure. If you can make it happen I think that's the best option.

If not, you could run a "larger" (smaller holes) restrictor or run a more restrictive exhaust. I'm not an engine guy so I can't tell you if one would restrict horsepower more without affecting torque as much. From the little I have read (no real world experience though) I would think a more restrictive exhaust would be better. However, a restrictor plate is much easier and cheaper to dial in to your desired power numbers since you are only changing the size of a hole in a plate instead of an exhaust piece.

As I said, I'm not an engine expert and don't have a ton of experience with this field. These are first and most obvious options I would consider though. I'm sure others on here with more knowledge and experience can give more and better advice than I have. FWIW

Users who are viewing this thread