2010 check engine light

VaPony

Established Member
All, I thought I would pose the question here before dealing with the hassle of the dealer. I have a 2010 Shelby 100% stock with just shy of 10,000 miles on it. Recently the check engine light came on. I took it to advanced they checked the code and it is an Emissions Code: Minor fuel inlet leak. They cleared it and it came back about 2 weeks later. Is there something I'm doing wrong with this capless fuel car? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

AlanSVT

Established Member
I have about the same miles now. Never had a code pop up since owning the car. I would go to the dealer and have them check it out.

Since your car is stock you shouldn't have any issues.

Alan

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Time to pay a visit to the dealer for what hopefully is a simple issue. At 100% stock, there shouldn't be any worry about your warranty either.

VaPony

Established Member
I just thought I would give it a shot. I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow. I just hate dealing with the hassle of making an appointment dropping it off picking it all that good stuff. Thanks guys.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I just thought I would give it a shot. I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow. I just hate dealing with the hassle of making an appointment dropping it off picking it all that good stuff. Thanks guys.

My Check Engne light came on a few weeks ago. My scanner was too old and did not recognize the code. I took it to the dealer and he said it had a vacuum leak and to bring it back when he had time to work on it. A few days later it went away by itself and never came back. Somebody at work told me that type of code will stay on for a few miles while the ECU "re-learns" the system. Maybe BS. Don't know.

I'd drive it for awhile if taking it to the dealer is a hassle. I filled mine slam up with gas just before it went off.

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
my check engne light came on a few weeks ago. My scanner was too old and did not recognize the code. I took it to the dealer and he said it had a vacuum leak and to bring it back when he had time to work on it. A few days later it went away by itself and never came back. Somebody at work told me that type of code will stay on for a few miles while the ecu "re-learns" the system. Maybe bs. Don't know.

bs

Yellow Horse

Established Member

How do you know it's BS Mr. Mechanic?

Or is that just you'un opinion?

That's what I thought.

If the system detected a small leak and it threw a CE light and the system was able to restabilize, then the CE light would go out.

It damned shoe went out on it's own on my 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread