2010 EVO X vs. Modified 2007 GT 500

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
No meth for me. I do not trust meth and will never use meth. Straight race gas only.

I thought race gas = C16?

100octane isnt that great, though it is nice to add to a 91 tune to ensure you keep your motor happy if you are going to be overly abusing your car. Ill usually fill up half a tank with it if im gonna be doing aggressive mountain driving.

dont fear the meth. then again DSM's can set their CEL to go off when knock retard hits 3* or more (or whatever we set it at) so if we are always at 0 knock with 91+meth and all of a sudden that CEL goes off, you know to let off because something is wrong.

90GSXDan

Established Member
I thought race gas = C16?

100octane isnt that great, though it is nice to add to a 91 tune to ensure you keep your motor happy if you are going to be overly abusing your car. Ill usually fill up half a tank with it if im gonna be doing aggressive mountain driving.

dont fear the meth. then again DSM's can set their CEL to go off when knock retard hits 3* or more (or whatever we set it at) so if we are always at 0 knock with 91+meth and all of a sudden that CEL goes off, you know to let off because something is wrong.

Yeah, 100 octane isnt great at all. Its great to add to 91 or 93 octane when you want to make sure you have your knock threshold under control.

But the Evo's can do the CEL for knock as well using the Tephra Mod, as it also has map switching with the gas pedal before you turn the car on. Pretty inventive stuff!

Dan :beer:

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
I say 100 Octane because I can get it at a local gas station near me.

E85 is not available in my area. Once it becomes available I will switch injectors, run a double pumper, drop in pistons and rods, turn up the boost to about 33psi and have some fun.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Very nice race. I would be very surprised if the GT500 was making 580 for a tune,CAI, pulley car, though.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Had an evo 10 come into the store last weekend, had the same mods as the OP but running e85, claimed 33psi of boost and 560AWHP. was a very clean car. good run OP, go E85 and up the boost.

Last edited:

90GSXDan

Established Member
Oh if its not in your area then thats understandable. But once its available, trust me jump on it! Im already about to stop playing on this baby level of 93 octane @30psi and crank up the boost with some E85! Get me some 7's at the expense of my right foot.

Dan :beer:

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
i hate built dsm"s.....cause mines not built !!! :mj:

couple of evo guys that showed up to our local meet this past wed are pushing 35lbs and 40lbs of boost respectively on e85....my car is a turd compared to them... :(

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I say 100 Octane because I can get it at a local gas station near me.

E85 is not available in my area. Once it becomes available I will switch injectors, run a double pumper, drop in pistons and rods, turn up the boost to about 33psi and have some fun.

91 or 93+Meth will give you almost e85 like results, and meth (heet) is available in MANY places in stupid retarded abundant quantities.

Buddy of mine used to pick up boxes at a time of the stuff from walmart. Granted he was heavy on the throttle so went through a reservoir full (was using his windshield reservoir for his meth tank) in about a week or so. Another in our group didnt go through a tankfull in his entire time owning the car.

I believe they ran the Labonte kit, which starts spraying at the boost level you set it, and ramps up to full power by X amount of boost after that. This is very good for part throttle/high load conditions where you still need it being injected as opposed to a system thats just activated at WOT.

Users who are viewing this thread