2010 FIFA World Cup

s_x_i

Established Member
It's a shame that the USA are going to get destroyed by England on June 12th!

engBadge.jpg

Other than that I see them making it through to the knock out stages.

canibus

Established Member
If Mexico advances in second and Argentina in first we may have another shot at them.

Mayo5 do you remember their match in Germany? Of course we all know who won, but Mexico clearly dominated that game. Mexico was on a mission that day! Guardado completely owned the left side of the pitch, they had excellent ball movement, and everything seemed to be clicking. It took the tournament's BEST goal by Maxi Rodriguez :nonono: to knock the Mexican's out. That game was one of the tournaments heart breakers, the better team DIDN'T win that day, but hey shit happens. :shrug:

Just incase they don't believe it was the best goal of the tournament.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK1YrpovZeA"]YouTube- Maxi Rodriguez goal vs mexico[/ame]

I can't hate on it, it was freaking beautiful.

nopropslaw

Established Member
If Mexico advances in second and Argentina in first we may have another shot at them.

Mayo5 do you remember their match in Germany? Of course we all know who won, but Mexico clearly dominated that game. Mexico was on a mission that day! Guardado completely owned the left side of the pitch, they had excellent ball movement, and everything seemed to be clicking. It took the tournament's BEST goal by Maxi Rodriguez :nonono: to knock the Mexican's out. That game was one of the tournaments heart breakers, the better team DIDN'T win that day, but hey shit happens. :shrug:

It was a great game, but I beg to differ. I think Argentina had the momentum. Agreed, greatgoal.

I can't stand my Argentinian friends talking shit to me any longer. Come on Mexico!!!!

Argentinian's are usually cocky *ucks. And I am one!!!

I'm rootin USA first, Argentina secondary. Either way, World Cup is awesome. I remeber where I was for the last 2.

Mayo5

Established Member

I remember man, great game, and yes shit happens. I know Argentina isn't play that great now, but they just have too many good players to not be a threat.

I need to dust on my fifa skills and get some games in.

YouTube- Maxi Rodriguez goal vs mexico

It's one of the sickest goals ever.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member

YouTube- Maxi Rodriguez goal vs mexico

I've never seen it after it happened it live. I always turned away from the tv, believe it or not. :-D

I remember man, great game, and yes shit happens. I know Argentina isn't play that great now, but they just have too many good players to not be a threat.

I need to dust on my fifa skills and get some games in.

It's one of the sickest goals ever.

Add me, tripleblack2 whenever you get the rust off I'm down for some games! :rockon:

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
It was a great game, but I beg to differ. I think Argentina had the momentum. Agreed, greatgoal.

Argentinian's are usually cocky *ucks. And I am one!!!

I'm rootin USA first, Argentina secondary. Either way, World Cup is awesome. I remeber where I was for the last 2.

You had the OTHER jersey on, of course you differ! :beer:

Mayo5

Established Member
I've never seen it after it happened it live. I always turned away from the tv, believe it or not. :-D

Add me, tripleblack2 whenever you get the rust off I'm down for some games! :rockon:

I think I have you on here, it's namlleh13 for my psn.

Just been busy with school and me and my roommates share the ps3.

oneSICsvt

Established Member
Im definetly rooting for USA and they should do well, they beat spain, held their own agaist brazil so that says something. But im also a fan of france because Thierry Henry is my favorite player. Iceland and Russia are who i would root for becauuse im icelandic and Irish and my cousin plays on the Iceland national team and for barcelona. But iceland and russia arent that great

homer302

Banned
Guess the OP isn't from the U.S. or his Mom wouldn't let him play sports as a kid? :shrug:

J/K.......there's something for everyone. I guess it's a big deal. At least you can't get hurt playing soccer so that's a good thing.

Last edited:

ToyoFl

Established Member
honestly England has looked the best in the qualifiers, AND has scored the most goals...but seriously you can make a statement for any of the top ten to 15 teams to win it all...just depends on who's in form that given day....btw if you ain't got nothing nice to say gtfo...World Cup draws more fans than any other sport so to pretend ignorance, is just well ignorant lol

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Man i want the us to do good but they are playing one of my favorite teams the english squad. I also hope South Africa puts on as good of a showing as the confederations cup

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I used to rag on my friends that played soccer. Until 2008 when I talked to a coworker from South America (don't remember which country). I told him that "futbol" was boring. He asked me if I had ever watched a game, to which I replied no. He told me that the World Cup was on and I should watch at least one game. So I did... and couldn't stop watching for the rest of the Cup. I still don't follow it very closely. But I am very excited about watching as much of it as I can this time around.

I like Germany, Italy and USA.

oneSICsvt

Established Member
BTW anyone else going to be in SA for the games?

Man how I wish I was there, played soccer for 16 years and its been my dream to go to the World Cup. Anyone who gets to witness that in person is very lucky, its an atmosphere unlike anything you get in american sports

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Guess the OP isn't from the U.S. or his Mom wouldn't let him play sports as a kid? :shrug:

J/K.......there's something for everyone. I guess it's a big deal. At least you can't get hurt playing soccer so that's a good thing.

Uh oh! :lol: You better hope Common doesn't see your comment. I think VPF's ass is still hurting. :kaboom:

You guess it's a big deal, the rest of the world KNOWS it's a big deal. :rockon:

Im definetly rooting for USA and they should do well, they beat spain, held their own agaist brazil so that says something. But im also a fan of france because Thierry Henry is my favorite player. Iceland and Russia are who i would root for becauuse im icelandic and Irish and my cousin plays on the Iceland national team and for barcelona. But iceland and russia arent that great

No way your cousin is Gudjohnsen!? You do know he plays for Monaco right? It must be him since there aren't any other Icelandic players currently playing for Barca. He should have never left Chelsea!

oneSICsvt

Established Member
Uh oh! :lol: You better hope Common doesn't see your comment. I think VPF's ass is still hurting. :kaboom:

You guess it's a big deal, the rest of the world KNOWS it's a big deal. :rockon:

No way your cousin is Gudjohnsen!? You do know he plays for Monaco right? It must be him since there aren't any other Icelandic players currently playing for Barca. He should have never left Chelsea!

Yes sir he is my cousin, well my dads cousin. I know he NEVER should have left Chelsea thats my team right there. And I did not know he plays for Monaco. I finally got to see him play here in San Francisco when Barca playeedd Chivas I believe. But i have yet to meet him

Common

Established Member

Does it hurt when you think?....don't answer that, I know it does!

symubq.jpg

2modlyx.jpg

2vbrnzb.jpg

2d5oub.jpg

the-most-horrific-soccer-injury-oupa-ngulube-breaks-leg-in-half.jpg

soccer-injury-3.jpg

Excuse yourself from this thread and dont post anymore.

Last edited:

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
I can't wait either. My teams are USA, Sweden, and Poland (Arsenal club team.) Obviously, I'll be cheering for us. I think we can can advance as long as we don't just go through the motions after England.

Kyo

Established Member
I cant wait for this to start! But im also torn that france and mexico are in the same group! my mom is french and my dad mexican. My house hold is gonna be hell when they play!

Users who are viewing this thread