2010 GT500 clicking behind radio?

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
Ok I have an appointment Tuesday @ 8am. They said it should take a few hours. I hate the idea of the dash coming off but summer is coming up and need ac

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ok I have an appointment Tuesday @ 8am. They said it should take a few hours. I hate the idea of the dash coming off but summer is coming up and need ac

If they let you, I'd watch. It's pretty crazy

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
lubrizolsfin3st,

Let me know how it goes with the dealer. I'm sure they'll get it all squared away, but if you need me, let me know!

Ashley

Well I went to drop it off and made sure I wasn't going to be charged for it. I was wrong. I tried to email my salesperson but he isn't answering (of course). I told them I just bought it last Tuesday and called to make the appointment 3 days after I purchased it. If they don't help me I'll put that dealership on blast mode. When I heard it after purchasing it I thought it was just the cd changer or something to do with the shaker 1000. I also told them when you turn the wheel slightly it creeks kinda loud. I guess I'll just always have the radio turned up when I'm driving so I don't hear it

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
Ford said I would have to pay out of pocket. It has only 27k miles but is 4 years old. Man why do I have tunnel vision when I find a vehicle I fall in love with when I see it. My fault but also the dealership for not fixing and passing the huge expense on the buyer.

SuperFly03

Established Member
Ok just got an email from the customer relations and they are going to fix the issues. That's a big relief.

Excellent.

TBH I drove with the problem for 30k miles. It didn't bother me much. Only reason I got it fixed was I went to a Ford dealer and bought a truck from them so I had two vehicles and one driver. Decided I'd leave the Shelby with them just to see if they could fix it.

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
Yeah the noise is just annoying but works perfect for the time being. I just get worried about them removing the dash and it rattling down the road.

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
Well problems fixed and they left the old actuator on the passenger seat and no noise whatsoever. The only issue I saw was a screw was on the passenger floor board. I always end up with extras parts to when I work on something, silly Ford. Oh well at least I didn't have to pay a dime well only for the rental car for a day

Users who are viewing this thread