mrl859

Established Member
You should not have sold the srt8
It was a much faster car

What were you expecting?

Try turning TC off and don't drive it like a lil bitch

0-60 can be obtained in 4sec and 1/4 in under 11.8 stock

But I guess thats slow when your coming from a super fast Charger

Man, that's lot of hate! I didn't sell it yet. Do you want to buy it? Seriously, I'm just looking for guidance here from the veterans. I don't know if I should expect jet like speed out of the box and my car has a problem, or if it's normal to take time to really fly. Chill out.

cbr1000

Established Member
Put it in Sportrac mode. Apply brake, press traction control twice. I've got 500mi currently. Seems quicker after 400mi. I'm guessing everything in the motor is exactly the same as 125 miles, but maybe it's just me getting used to the car that makes it feel quicker.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Put it in Sportrac mode. Apply brake, press traction control twice. I've got 500mi currently. Seems quicker after 400mi. I'm guessing everything in the motor is exactly the same as 125 miles, but maybe it's just me getting used to the car that makes it feel quicker.

WTF?

:??:

bj

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
And here I am breaking mine in progressively after 2k miles...

FWIW; between 2 cars; both of them have loosened up nicely and gotten "happy" after 1500mi. It took 1k mi. before they actually 'let go' to any degree...

And yeah yeah I know there's the crowd that says drive it like ya stole it off the showroom floor. So, good luck with that.

Also the cars don't feel brutally fast, more like electrical motor smooth but sneaky fast.

chuckstang

Established Member
Man, that's lot of hate! I didn't sell it yet. Do you want to buy it? Seriously, I'm just looking for guidance here from the veterans. I don't know if I should expect jet like speed out of the box and my car has a problem, or if it's normal to take time to really fly. Chill out.

haah ok ok

a lil harsh

Actually, I know what you mean, sort of.

It is hard to explain but perhaps you are traveling much faster than you think/feel.

These cars are very big and heavy so you do not feel the speed, but also you really need to ditch the factory tune and you will feel it, and possibly switch to 373s or even 410s and if that doesnt do it, a pulley sure should help, but then at that point you will be ordering a KB.

It never ends!

I think maybe your expectations were set to high but then again, really I just think it is mind over matter and you are going like a rocket but just dont notice it. The blower is muted and so is the exhaust!

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
It's got 125 miles on it. Should it feel "slow" and somewhat unresponsive?

Hey, Mike is that you? It was nice to meet you and your car looks amazing, the Kona blue and white sripes looks great. Belive me i thought my car felt slow at first but then i got a chance to line up against some other cars with simalir power and i kept up very well and pulled a few car lengths on 2 other pullies cobra's. Its the smooth delivery of power that fools you into thinkin its slow but the real test is when you get to line up against other cars is the true test. Iam pretty sure in a race from 0-100 against your srt-8 you would put about a bus lenght or more on your old car.

Last edited:

mrl859

Established Member
Hey, Mike is that you? It was nice to meet you and your car looks amazing, the Kona blue and white sripes looks great. Belive me i thought my car felt slow at first but then i got a chance to line up against some other cars with simalir power and i kept up very well and pulled a few car lengths 2 other pullies cobra's. Its the smooth delivery of power that fools you into thinkin its slow but the real test is when you get to line up against other cars is the true test. Iam pretty sure in a race from 0-100 against your srt-8 you would put about a bus lenght or more on your old car.
Are you trying to blow my cover?:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread