2010 GT500 Sputter at 5% +/- throttle

LiquidFrost

Established Member
I just had a JLT carbon fiber 127mm CAI, 2.6" pulley, and a tune from Lethal Performance installed on my car, runs great throughout the power band with no issues. Except when I'm cruising on the freeway at 60-70 in 5th/6th mainly these gears with 5%-10% throttle (barely pressing the gas down) it randomly sputters. Not throwing any codes what so ever, Anyone know what could cause this issue? Maybe someone who has had this setup and the same problem? I kept stock plugs in because I was informed that no after market plugs are needed until 15+ psi. I havent had a chance to data log the car yet because of time but I plan to today.

fullboogie

Established Member
Could be lean tip-in in the tune. Also check for a possible vacuum leak from your CAI install.

For the heck of it, I'd also regap the plugs - it'll only take you a little while to do it (although this has nothing to do with your issue).

Crushinator

Established Member
I recently had the exact same problem with mine after installing the JLT 127, 2.5 pulley and Lund tune. Make sure your filter is as far away from the MAF as possible. If it's too close it can cause a turbulence that will make the car stutter. I backed mine as far down the tube that I could get it and the stutter totally stopped. I should mention however that along with moving the filter away from the MAF, John Lund emailed me the tune directly to eliminate the chance of "file corruption" through the middle man.

I had heard that the new filter design, which became available last week has the screen in it, like the stock filter, and that is also supposed to help with driveability issues some guys with JLT's 127 intake are having. Since moving the filter cured my problem, I cancelled my order for a filter.

First thing first, try moving the filter and see how it runs.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
data log it an send it to your tuner which looks like is john lund

LiquidFrost

Established Member
Thanks for the help! I'll try moving the filter and see how it does, I've already been talking to Jon Lund and I have sent him a data log of the car sputtering bad. Hopefully I can possibly get a new tune as well just in case......Again Thanks for the info hopefully it works. I'll keep you posted.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
^There should be about an inch between the very end of the filter and the bottom of the JLT logo. Any closer can cause issues like yours.

LiquidFrost

Established Member
^There should be about an inch between the very end of the filter and the bottom of the JLT logo. Any closer can cause issues like yours.

I went out and adjusted it, it was right against the MAF, It moved a good 1.5" - 2" down the tube. It won't move anymore down because the frame is in the way, I haven't had a chance to test it out. I made sure the filter is still snug and won't fall off under load. Will test in an hour or so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread