2010 lowering cobra jet springs installed

sean04

Established Member
Here are some pics for you guys. They are part number m 5300 r. I also put some viking da rear shocks and strange sa struts on at the same time. It lowered the car a little over 2" and it rides absolutely great, an added bonus that I wasnt expecting.

Let me know if you have any questions

null_zps7223a059.jpg

null_zps6f14a86a.jpg

null_zps39a8ba6f.jpg

null_zpsd5fb2cb5.jpg

null_zpsf5d60b09.jpg

Baysixx

Established Member
Very clean! Those rims are badass and the car sits perfectly. I didn't kno that the cobra jet springs have that much of a drop

sean04

Established Member
thanks! I thought it was going to look too low, but Im really happy with how it looks

The fronts tires are M&H 26x4.5x17 on 17x4.7's and the rears are MT 28x10.5x15s's on 15x10's

They make a few different cobra jet springs. Depending on the year and part number they dont lower the car at all, slam it in the front and raise it in the back or lower it all the way around

Last edited:

Ratchet

Established Member
Love the whole set up!! If I had the coin I would definitely be dropping it on that wheel combo. Well done!:beer:

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
Where did you buy yours from? I'm having trouble finding the "m-5300-r" springs. Every place I check carries the "RA" springs from the 2013. I'm running 295/55/15 rear tires. I wonder if these will rub. My tires are pretty much even with the quarter panel wheel well lip if not just a tad (maybe 1/8" past it).

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
Also if you look at my sig pic you can see that the wheel well gap up front is slightly more than the rear. I was hoping to find a set of springs that would drop the front just a bit more than the rear.

sean04

Established Member
Eric at JPC hooked it up. And with 26's up front and 28's in the rear you would need a huge drop in the front to get equal fender to tire gaps. My rear is almost tucking tire and the front has a finger and a half or so gap. Once you lower it that wont bother you anymore. I actually think it looks good like this

BAD GT

Established Member
Looks great, I think I'm going with the same springs this winter along with the cobra jet struts and shocks.
I like the wheel and tire combo too!

beerchug.gif

Last edited:

5PNTSLO

Established Member
I love the way this looks!!! I have the ones that lower the front and raise the rear on mine right now and I don't really like them, but it hooks like a SOB

Will yo u be going to the track anytime soon?

poof100

Established Member
Damn, that looks good. As much as I like the SVE wheels we are running now, those RTS' look killer on the White Boss.

We also thought about doing the Cobra Jet springs all the way around but went with Front Coilovers instead. Doing the same Viking DA rears as you.

Sweet setup!

Users who are viewing this thread