2010 lowering cobra jet springs installed

sean04

Established Member
It actually rides great, and with the adjustable shocks and struts you can really make it ride how ever you want when off the track

D.T.R

Established Member
That looks good, however i would like to see how the car performs being that low.
Also, looks like the gap on the back is very small, makes me wonder if the fender touches/rubs the tires when the car squats? Nice setup man.

86merc

Established Member
The drop looks nice. But I think it would look better with a 28"/28" wheel combo as it would level out the stance.

That looks good, however i would like to see how the car performs being that low.
Also, looks like the gap on the back is very small, makes me wonder if the fender touches/rubs the tires when the car squats? Nice setup man.

If it has an adjustable suspension out back and the suspension geometry is good that will help. But no matter what with the 26" front tires the car will have a rake. It will take more effort for the car to over come the weight forward attitude like that. A 28" front tire would help how the suspension works for sure.

sean04

Established Member

When I get the geometry right the car shouldn't squat at all. It should raise up a bit on launch if I'm doing it right.

And as far as it performing, JPC's NA 9 sec 5.0 runs the exact same suspension.
They cut low 1.3's with these springs.

We will see as soon as I get back to the track

sean04

Established Member
The drop looks nice. But I think it would look better with a 28"/28" wheel combo as it would level out the stance.

If it has an adjustable suspension out back and the suspension geometry is good that will help. But no matter what with the 26" front tires the car will have a rake. It will take more effort for the car to over come the weight forward attitude like that. A 28" front tire would help how the suspension works for sure.

I see what your saying, but I think 28" front runners look horrible.

86merc

Established Member
I see what your saying, but I think 28" front runners look horrible.

I disagree. But that is personal taste. I like them on my car. And it helps with geometry and leverage for sure.

I don't have any pics of it sitting on the set up.
a0f840cc-5127-4781-9043-7ef26a7ea164_zpsf2b35676.jpg

affe2cb0-4676-48c2-8db2-edb14655089a_zps9414d7fc.jpg

What JPC car are you referring to?

Last edited:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Looking good Sean!!! Im glad we could get those struts to you in time!!

Go Race that thing already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob450

Established Member
look very good!:banana::banana::beer:
do you need front strut on a 11+ mustang?
alignment??:shrug:

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
can you measure the front valance to the ground and measure just behind the front tire bottom of the fender.
I like it. but I think my h&r ss springs are lower. im looking to bring it up a hair before a scrape a hole in my x pipe.....

sean04

Established Member
can you measure the front valance to the ground and measure just behind the front tire bottom of the fender.
I like it. but I think my h&r ss springs are lower. im looking to bring it up a hair before a scrape a hole in my x pipe.....

Are you running 26" tall tires on the front?

sean04

Established Member
I got to make a pass last night, 1.54 60' with a easy 5500rpm launch. It was a street tire car fun drag night, so zero track prep. The car leaves the line so much smoother now. I'm sure
With a higher launch rpm the car will easily do 1.4's with my setup. I'm very happy with the way it leaves the line now

I really need that trans now Eric

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
JPC told me that ONLY the 2008 (Q) and 2013 (RA) springs are availible. You must have gotten lucky and got one of the last 2010 (R) springs.

Users who are viewing this thread