well boo frickin hoo

the mustang has survived when the other didn't that says a lot IMO

besides not everyone cares about power like most of us here do

Last edited:

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
quit bitching.
it's got the lowest power, yes, but it's got 3.73s and 315hp and 325 tq... and the lowest curb weight of all the pony cars.
And it's widely known the 4.6 is only for this year.
2011 5.0
No exact word on hp yet, but 400hp is the neighborhood in the whisperings.
I thin kthe 5.0 may be aluminum, but not sure jsut yet.
Hafta ask 4 cam whuts up.

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
yea lets wait a year to get a new motor...not. Weve been talking about a new motor and all this Shit* for what now? 4 years? Never going to happen, i follow fourcams post all the time.

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
quit bitching.
it's got the lowest power, yes, but it's got 3.73s and 315hp and 325 tq... and the lowest curb weight of all the pony cars.
And it's widely known the 4.6 is only for this year.
2011 5.0
No exact word on hp yet, but 400hp is the neighborhood in the whisperings.
I thin kthe 5.0 may be aluminum, but not sure jsut yet.
Hafta ask 4 cam whuts up.

Yeaaaa Bro gears wow!!

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I still remember when everyone bitched that the s197 was called a pig. Now look at it, its lighter than the challenger and camaro.

power to weight ratio FTW

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
I still remember when everyone bitched that the s197 was called a pig. Now look at it, its lighter than the challenger and camaro.

power to weight ratio FTW

Dont get me wrong looks are great, glad its lighter. But we never get a big displacement motor. Which is dumb.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Dont get me wrong looks are great, glad its lighter. But we never get a big displacement motor. Which is dumb.

Yeah, but look at it like this, if gas goes back up our cars will take a little less gas than the Hogs from Chrysler and Gm.

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
Funny, pretty sure the "soon-to-be-old GT500" owns both the "new" SRT8 and SS models.

:read:

Whys that a good comparison? Pretty sure you can get an SS for 32-34 K on the order forms ive seen. GT500s are still around what 50K new? low 40k used?

Im tired of using forced induction to "keep up"

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Whys that a good comparison? Pretty sure you can get an SS for 32-34 K on the order forms ive seen. GT500s are still around what 50K new? low 40k used?

Then you should be used to the Mustang ALWAYS being behind. Aftermarket FTW :rockon:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
yea lets wait a year to get a new motor...not. Weve been talking about a new motor and all this Shit* for what now? 4 years? Never going to happen, i follow fourcams post all the time.
do you have any clue how the auto industry works??? this shit is planned out YEARS ahead of time because of R&D, retooling the plants, etc. sorry, but its a little late to axe the 5.0l. they are not stupid enough to just axe it after putting a load of cash into years of R&D work, they do the R&D so they can get a profit in the end. this is the exact reason that the formerly hurricane/boss/"premium V8" 6.2l hasn't been axed(like the ignorant media slapped in the titles of their articles), but instead production has just been cut back.

2011 look for 5.0l, all aluminum, mod motor based with new block design(to reliably) support 5.0l, DOHC, ~400hp/360lb-ft, VVT, direct injection equipped within 2-3 years of production. the 4.0l will also be replaced by either the 3.5l or 3.7l cyclone V6, possibly direct injection equipped(they certainly need it to fight off the camaro). will also be equipped with the tremek TR6060(from the GT500/CTS-V/vette/viper/challenger/camaro/etc.) 6 speed manual too.

BTW, dgussin sold his 07 GT500 for 32.5k, and he had it up for months. whatever the cost, the GT500(top dawg mustang) spanks the SS and the SRT8(the top dawg camaro and challenger respectively).

Last edited:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member

Buy a Camaro and join LS1.com and get out.:shrug:

steeltoe

Established Member
Funny, pretty sure the "soon-to-be-old GT500" owns both the "new" SRT8 and SS models.

:read:

But the Camaro Z28 is coming out and 2011 and it has the LSA out of the CTS-V.

To bad the Boss 6.2L V-8 was only designed for truck use. I don't understand why Ford can't put the street Cammer 5.0 in a production car. They have been selling it for what 5 years now. It makes more then enough hp to compete with Camaro and Challenger.

Users who are viewing this thread