2010 Plymouth Road Runner Concept Car.

Jack

Established Member
Just under a million bucks if you're in the market.

Plymouth : Road Runner:eBay Motors (item 180435219454 end time Nov-30-09 09:53:54 PST)

Beautiful car and nice performance #'s

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9KU1Zc-e7E&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Plymouth Road Runner Concept[/ame]

94venomV8

Established Member
They should of stuck with some of the old school look like the challenger, The only thing I see road runner is the stripe kit in it, I dont like it that much.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There was another extensive thread on this one. Road Runner? Back the day the Road Runner/Super Bee and Barracuda/Challenger were two different platforms. This is like Ford calling a Mustang concept a Torino GT. JMO. I know that are people who think this Road Runner is cool. What they basically did was modify the front and rear to resemble the 1971 Road Runner, and add strobe decals.

This could have been a very special CHALLENGER. Like a modern version of the Challenger T/A. Instead, the company took poetic license and called it a Road Runner (which was a Plymouth and not a Dodge).

Should be interesting to see who buys it for that much dough.

Azure Mach1

Established Member
Looks like a POS.
71-72 RR/s weren’t that good looking to begin with and as mentioned before the RR was built on a B platform, not the E. They would be better served to start with a Charger which was a B platform car.
I have a 69 GTX and this thing on eBay is kind of offensive to me. Like a half assed ploy to try and get some half tard's money from him.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You are right. The '71-'72 Road Runner was ugly! The '73 - '74 Road Runner was a tad better with a new grill. The best years were the '68, '69 and '70. I grew up in that period so I'm very familiar with them. I owned a '70 Road Runner which I absolutely loved. But my favorite year is the '69. With a 440-6 motor. And either a lift-off hood (a bit to tell-tale on the street) or Air Grabber. :)

In 1975, the Roadrunner changed bodies to the Fury (B platform).

In 1976, Plymouth, trying to keep the name alive (LOL!), stuck it onto the new Volare, which was designed to replace the reliable, sturdy, light, economical, and very popular Valiant. The biggest motor available was the 360 small block. Long gone was the Hemi, 440-6, 440 and 383.

Just a bit of background info. Sad that the Road Runner name (in the peak years of 1968-1970) is now affixed to a Dodge Challenger.

Users who are viewing this thread