2010+ Taurus SHO with 100k+ miles reliability? Any regrets from having one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
1 month later, how do you like the car?

Visibility? Power?

any pros or cons in your opinion?

Absolutely loving it. Havent taken any long trips on it yet, but fair MPG so far.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Absolutely loving it. Havent taken any long trips on it yet, but fair MPG so far.

I was going to ask the same thing. Saw you mentioned that you are going to tune it yourself down the line, so I'm curious how that will work out. I've been eyeballing a few and getting an itchy trigger finger! What's "fair mpg" and is that mostly hwy or city?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I was going to ask the same thing. Saw you mentioned that you are going to tune it yourself down the line, so I'm curious how that will work out. I've been eyeballing a few and getting an itchy trigger finger! What's "fair mpg" and is that mostly hwy or city?

If you haven't already, change the PTU fluid. Seems to be the weak spot in the drivetrain, and it what little fluid it holds gets burned off pretty quickly. Do we have picks?

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member

I've only been able to measure 2 tanks but it was 18-20mpg around the city with my heavy foot. I should have it tuned in a few weeks, but not real sure yet.

If you haven't already, change the PTU fluid. Seems to be the weak spot in the drivetrain, and it what little fluid it holds gets burned off pretty quickly. Do we have picks?

Already bought the stuff for it, just haven't gotten around to it, thanks for the reminder! Its just a stock 2010 pearl white SHO, nothing to look at really lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread