2010 Terminator Shootout - Sarturday, May 29th!!!

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Step right up ladies and gentlemen. Its time for a no holds bared run what ya brung headups Terminator shootout!! So last year was rained out ... all this means is your car should be meaner and badder than it would of been in 2009!!

The Terminator Shootout is limited to 03/04' Cobras only.

State of the art drag racing facility located in southern MD, Maryland International Raceway (MIR) has opened its doors for us to do battle on the 1320. A track that is very condusive to running very fast times, Jason Miller takes VERY good care of the track!
..:: Maryland Int'l Raceway* -* Budds Creek, MD* ::..

Think you have the baddest 03/04 cobra in the US? Bring it on out to MIR on May 29th 2010.

Gates open at 8:00 AM
Racing starts "hopefully" before 9:00 AM
First round of Qualifying starts at 10:30 AM
Second round of Qualifying starts at 11:30 AM
Eliminations start at 12:30 PM
Racing ends at 2:00 PM

Racer fee is $40 per car.
Spectator fee is $15 per person.

All classes will be run on a Sportsman Tree (.500).

There will be two Terminator classes as in the past:

Eaton (stock supercharger) class Sponsored by Posi Performance Metco Motorsports, Edison's One-Off Fabrications:
Must be running the factory equiped M112 Eaton supercharger.
Supercharger porting is allowed, upper and lower pullies are allowed, etc.
No minimum weight
Run any trans or rear axle configuration/gear ratio.
Double power adders are not allowed in this class, move up to open class (methanol not considered power adder).

Payout: 1st: $225, 2nd: $100, Metco Motorsports $100 gift certificate, Posi Race Port.

Open class Sponsored by JLP, CSS and Metco:
Anything goes, turbo, nitrous eaton, centrifugal, twin screw.
No minimum weight
Run any trans or rear axle configuration/gear ratio.

Payout: 1st $300 and Metco Motorsports $100 gift certificate, 2nd $100, 3rd $50

Bracket Class:
We will also be running a bracket class that is open to all mustangs all years. Dial it in and don't run any faster or your on the trailer!

Payout: 1st: $50, 2nd: $25.

Terminator Shootout Sponsors!!!
1) Posi Performance - Expert in blower porting, TB/Plenum porting, and much more. Distributor for Dragon & Metco products.
(Screen name = Posi)

2) Competition Speed and Sound-Specializing in all your mustang or other performance vehicles needs. Offering just about anything in performance or factory parts including installation at the best prices around.
(screen name = TRBO VNM)

3) Johnny Lightning Performance (JLP) - Full service Mustang/Lightning shop, specializing in motor building, Kenne Bell sales/installs, and tuning.
(screen name = Johnnylightning)

4) Metco Motorsports - You one stop shop for, suspension, driveshaft safety loops, pulleys (drive and idler), etc.
(screen name = RKHiPerformance)

5) FORE Precision Fuel System Components. (screen name = stangstacy)

6) Edison's One-Off Fabrications. (screen name = NeverFastEngh)

Looking for more sponsors as well ... PM me for details!

Test and tune passes will be available all day long.

Post on up if you're in! Please indicate which Class or Index you would like to race in. ALL RACERS will be able to participate in the Bracket Class.

Terminator Shootout Participants
1) 04yellowcobra - Eaton
2) SYMach1 - Bracket
3) 03_TOPLESSSVT - Eaton
4) Boobinspector - Eaton/Bracket??
5) Red Poison - Eaton
6) HURTNEM - Eaton
7) Snakesvt04 - Open??
8) 2bscrewed - Open??
9) FISHTAIL - Bracket
10) NeverFastEngh - Open
11) Jroush08 - Eaton
12) z28th1s – Eaton
13) SONIC BOOM 03 – Bracket
14) posi – Eaton
15) BADASS03SVT – Eaton
16) 03-S281 – Open??
17) -
18) yellow03vert – Open??
19) IronTerp – Eaton??
20) Baby J - Eaton
21) CobraMan69 – Eaton??
22) uloze04cobra – Eaton
23) sonic03snake – Eaton??
24) Nino S – Open
25) Wolfpack Speed – Open??
26) WV_Snake – Open
27) -
28) 04azuremach - Bracket
29) EVILLX - Open/Bracket
30) 1Quick4.6 - Eaton
31) Venimus03 - Bracket
32) 20SVT03 - Eaton??
33) -
34) Blown284 - Open/Bracket??
35) jeostang46 - Bracket
36) bigwhup03 - Eaton/Bracket

Last edited:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Put me down for the Eaton Class.

Can we get a Handicap Eaton Class? I'm not running against Jake AGAIN:bash: The first time I ran at the Shootout in 08 I ran against him and my 60' was a like 2.1 or something . I looked at my sheet (after he'd already been in the return lane a few minutes before me) and saw the guy I'd just ran against 60' was 1.3. I didn't know who he was, but I remembered the Mass license plate. I said "how the F did I get lined up with this cat?" I felt like I got setup LOL. Not sure if anyone's aware, but he's in the 9s now:poke: He's still running an Eaton, so unless I can start at the 1/8 mile mark I need a handicap:burnout:

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Put me down for the Eaton Class.

Can we get a Handicap Eaton Class? I'm not running against Jake AGAIN:bash: The first time I ran at the Shootout in 08 I ran against him and my 60' was a like 2.1 or something . I looked at my sheet (after he'd already been in the return lane a few minutes before me) and saw the guy I'd just ran against 60' was 1.3. I didn't know who he was, but I remembered the Mass license plate. I said "how the F did I get lined up with this cat?" I felt like I got setup LOL. Not sure if anyone's aware, but he's in the 9s now:poke: He's still running an Eaton, so unless I can start at the 1/8 mile mark I need a handicap:burnout:

Rod, I feel your pain man. I remember running Almo last time out and was like WTF!! That is one of the issues with running a heads up class. But on the flip side of this there is not enough cars to make 2 different classes. The Open class is the same way with high ten cars running in the same class as high 8 second cars. So until we have enough cars to break the classes out into more specifics we will have to run these classes.

I guess the big thing is if you want you can run the bracket class and this will be as even as we can get it and where it comes down to the driver!

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
open for me...i just want to have fun! i will have the new set up in the coupe so hoping for some real good times

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Rod, I feel your pain man. I remember running Almo last time out and was like WTF!! That is one of the issues with running a heads up class. But on the flip side of this there is not enough cars to make 2 different classes. The Open class is the same way with high ten cars running in the same class as high 8 second cars. So until we have enough cars to break the classes out into more specifics we will have to run these classes.

I guess the big thing is if you want you can run the bracket class and this will be as even as we can get it and where it comes down to the driver!

I guess it may not be all bad. Maybe he'll set a new record and at least my car will be in the video (if the camera operator uses the wide lens) :lol:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Put me down for tentative for the the open class, let me see if I can get away from vacation for a day for this.

I hope we get enough people in the future to seperate the auto cars into their own class.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Put me down as tentative. My participation will depend on when the little one arrives, and how Marisa feels. I'm sure I can get some help from one of the grandparents so I can get off that day, but I don't want to make any promises.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Oh trust me the grandparent route is always a no problem. Especially if it is the first grandchild.

That's true, but, both sets of parents are frequent travelers, and she's due on the 13th. So, if the baby is late, she won't have been home long when this goes down. It's just to far away for me to call right now, I don't know if either set of grandparents will be around (my parents are tentatively out of town, don't know about hers) and if it's close enough to the birth she may not want me leaving her for the day just yet. We'll see. If the baby is born early, then it shouldn't be an issue, but who knows at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread