2010 TPMS Questions

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
I have a set of 20" wheels on order for my 2010, and I need advice about what to do about my TPMS, pretty sure I want to keep them, I have heard of guys running aftermarket wheels without them ,but that is not the route I am going. I know I could break open my stock wheels and get the valve stem/sensors out of them but I want to keep those stock wheels all together setup if I wanted to switch back so that leaves me the task of finding out what sensors to buy, so far my best option seems to be the schader sensors that DTD sells for 38$ a piece, OEM sensors are much much more, and I am having a hard time finding the new style valve stem sensors used on ebay. What have others that have swaped their rims on 2010's done?

97LaserRed

Fresh
Established Member
make a sealed tube (pvc pipe etc.) and put all for sensors in it. cut a hole in the top to put a rubber valve stem in and seal that also. fill it up to 30 psi and your set!! just keep it in your trunk and your light will be off

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
make a sealed tube (pvc pipe etc.) and put all for sensors in it. cut a hole in the top to put a rubber valve stem in and seal that also. fill it up to 30 psi and your set!! just keep it in your trunk and your light will be off

He said he doesnt want to break down the stock tires and rims. I think guys had issues with tube things because sensors werent spinning or something. Not real sure.

When I changed mine out my new ones had sensors but wasnt programmed to car. I didnt get them reset for a few weeks because everytime I would go driving and then park back in garage. Car would pick up on original sensors and turn light off since tires were sitting by car in garage. I think I got around 30 miles at a time before light would come on.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I have a set of 20" wheels on order for my 2010, and I need advice about what to do about my TPMS, pretty sure I want to keep them, I have heard of guys running aftermarket wheels without them ,but that is not the route I am going. I know I could break open my stock wheels and get the valve stem/sensors out of them but I want to keep those stock wheels all together setup if I wanted to switch back so that leaves me the task of finding out what sensors to buy, so far my best option seems to be the schader sensors that DTD sells for 38$ a piece, OEM sensors are much much more, and I am having a hard time finding the new style valve stem sensors used on ebay. What have others that have swaped their rims on 2010's done?

I went with these for my 09 with NO issues
Mustang TPMS Full Mounting/Balancing Kit - 2010+ (4 Wheels) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Considering we have no spare, I consider TPMS an early warning system. Might save some hassle on a slow leak. Might even save a very expensive rim from damage getting to a safe pull off spot.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
He said he doesnt want to break down the stock tires and rims. I think guys had issues with tube things because sensors werent spinning or something. Not real sure.
The pressurized tube is an old wives tale that won't work. I'll get into more detail later as I'm headed out the door.

And '09 Troublemaker, the link you provided shows the incorrect sensors for a '07-'09 application (such as yours). These vehicles use a banded sensor manufactured by Lear. The 'snap-in' sensor, as used in '10-'11 GT500's, won't communicate with the earlier SJB/PCM. They operate at the same frequency (315mhz) but at a different bit rate.

More later.

Tob

Users who are viewing this thread