2011-2014 Twin Turbo options?

Dig Race

Established Member
You can make tons of power with stock motor but it's peace of mind with the built short block.... Past 600 you will be driving around with your fingers crossed, it might run a along time or it my go on the next pull. Built short block on the other hand you can push to 1000 and have no worries.

JT76

Established Member
The "safe number" on these motors keeps going down... I've heard 700, then it was 650 for a while now its 600 :(..... maybe ill swap a 5.3 in it haha.

Sucks the 11-14 aluminator is out of production.

Who is the "go to" guy for a built motor? I see a lot of MMR advertising but my friend got a stroker kit from them a few years back and there were a lot of..issues..

Dig Race

Established Member
Not saying 601 and it will blow up I've seen them north of 700 run forever. It's all your driving habits, you have one making 700 and beat the shit out of it your asking for trouble.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Not saying 601 and it will blow up I've seen them north of 700 run forever. It's all your driving habits, you have one making 700 and beat the shit out of it your asking for trouble.

Some of it is driving habits....more so how well its tuned. Good tune does more to protect the engine ....

JT76

Established Member
Whelp, took the plunge and ordered a Hellion twin kit. Thanks for the input gentlemen. Should have it soon, ill make a build thread or something.

GBCoyote

Established Member
MPR in Florida is who you want to have a motor built by. I'm around 700 with my current setup. Holding up so far on stock everything minus OPGs.

JT76

Established Member
You just going stock motor for now?

Yes

MPR in Florida is who you want to have a motor built by. I'm around 700 with my current setup. Holding up so far on stock everything minus OPGs.

Yeah, I've been starting to do my homework for a built motor. Original plan was an aluminator but Ford stopped making them for 11-14's? That surprising.

Users who are viewing this thread