2011 5.0 Sterling Gray Metallic SEVERE Hood Corrosion... Anyone else????

Planeswalker

Established Member
Had it on my 2006, got it fixed and it came back. Got it fixed again and it came back in a different spot. I now live with it, it's like a battle scar.

gtmustang88

Established Member
I had the paint bubble up on the edge of my hood near the headlights. Ford sent a new hood and the dealership painted it. I have not had any issues since then.

madscotsman

Established Member
At least they are doing the right thing and replacing the hood not just painting it again. My 2006 had this issue and I was told by the guy at the body shop that the hood would need to be replaced (mine was out of warranty). Apparently this corosion is between the 2 shells of the hood (inner and outer), so if you pay to have someone re-do the hood, it's only a matter of time until the corosion finds its way back to the outside edges. Would be interesting to see what it looks like betweeen the shells. Why does Ford have this problem from 2005-2012 and not have a solution?!? They are probably banking on it not showing until after 5 years so they are off the hook for warranty replacement.

dead man walkin

Established Member
Nope no issue on my 2011 sterling grey. Im wondering if it was so severe why no pictures?? Thats the first thing i would do....

snakebite72

Established Member
2011 HP white here... just got it back from warranty for the same... most of it was under but on the drivers side... right on top of the headlight was getting really bad, started lifting the paint... my friends 2011 Cona Blue has the same spot... i will take a pic of it.

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
#1 -this thread is worthless without pictures for ****s sake.... get your head in the game!

#2 - did you ever clean and WAX your car??

Last edited:

CobraHuck

Established Member
Y'all are making me worried now, just wiped down the underside of the hood when I detailed the engine bay 2 weeks ago. I didn't notice anything, but I also wasn't looking for anything either. Once this stupid rain stops I'm gonna check

walked_u_hard

Established Member
This issue happens to a lot of mustangs from 2005 and up. It happen to my 11 sterling grey and a friends white GT. It also happened to co-workers 3 valve. It was covered under warranty for me, no questions asked. I was talking to the paint shop and he said he sees one a month, granted my dealer is a high volume one, but its a problem none the less. It mainly happens on the front edge of the hood by the headlights and the back edge by the wipers.

My paint shop charged Ford $570 for a repaint.

Users who are viewing this thread