2011 5.0 Turbo Kits

SCT93COBRA

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on some of these turbo kits that are out? Hellion, JPC, Fastlane, etc. Been kicking it around and definitely want to do some homework on them.

wbt

Banned
The Powerhouse411 kit looks promising. I would recommend holding out for the next few months. I have a feeling we will be seeing more kits release from various vendors not yet mentioned.

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
Hellion is the only readily available system out there to my knowledge. The others are one off kits. JPC will be offering theirs, but I'm not sure when.

I can tell you from installing and testing with the Hellion systems, they rock! Fitment is awesome, power is insane and it's very clean!

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Some guys over on Modular Fords are having fitment issues with the Hellion kit. Just a heads up.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
That's one guy and Hellion has offered to help him out, but the customer wouldn't send pictures to Hellion or anything.

Hellion Car on the Dyno...
Hellion 67mm - Unpackage/Install/Dyno

There are two over on that forum. I'm just saying that if I spend $6K+ buying a kit from a turbo company that claims their kits have the best fit, I'd want it to work too.

Directly from the BBR website, "No Cutting Required. Designed to install with no cutting required." Doesn't really jive with what people have experienced. In all honesty, in a private moment I would not be surprised for John Urist to admit they rushed this kit to market and "Gen 2" kits will be available in six months.

I just want the guy to be informed. If he decides he wants the Hellion kit, I won't knock him. It'll make big power.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
i would prefer a top mount turbo if possible. maybe flip flop the stock manifolds? i havent been around my car in a month so i cant remember how much room you would have for a top mount.

edit: power house has a top mount that looks ehh but should perform. im waiting to see the final results.

Last edited:

acrbill

Established Member
Once someone comes out with a tubular K-member/a arms the turbo options will open up considerably. That guy on Modular Fords is being stubborn.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Once someone comes out with a tubular K-member/a arms the turbo options will open up considerably. That guy on Modular Fords is being stubborn.

In your opinion, he's stubborn. That kit has issues as there are at least two kits with the rubbing. It was a rushed kit and will likely have revisions done to it.

acrbill

Established Member
Rushed kit? Says who??

He is being stubborn. He had a shop offer to install it for free and he did not take them up on it. That is the very definition of stubborn.

Two kits with issues out of how many sold?

In your opinion, he's stubborn. That kit has issues as there are at least two kits with the rubbing. It was a rushed kit and will likely have revisions done to it.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Rushed kit? Says who??

He is being stubborn. He had a shop offer to install it for free and he did not take them up on it. That is the very definition of stubborn.

Two kits with issues out of how many sold?

Me in my opinion, it was rushed. A turbo kit should not rub tires and k-members causing knock sensors to go off. There were alot of questioning of the design, turbo placement and features when original mock up pictures were released.

If you read the post over there, he was going on vacation so he already had the kit off. Frustration and being "over it" does not always equate to stubborness. But if, in your opinion, you feel he is being stubborn that's fine.

Two kits regardless of how many sold with the same issues is indicative of potential problems, in my opinion.

Hellion proclaims to be the best fitting mail order kits available, which they usually are with their other kits. I know people with kits on GT500's, Cobra's, etc and love them. This kit seems it needed more tweaking before release (once again, in my opinion).

And it took a month to get that offer for a "free" install. To each his own, when I spend that kind of cash, I want it to work (once again, in my opinion).

Last edited by a moderator:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
anyone have any dyno sheets of the 2011's that have the hellion kit on them? Also, where does it make its peak power at in the rpm range? i would imagine up by 6500 rpm's but i saw a dyno sheet on a video and it had the peak power at like 5500 rpm.

Last edited:

CPRsm

I am looking for anyone who wants to drop their car off for test fitting a kit. It will have headers, be top mounted and not have the problems I see in other kits not even mentioned here. Low mount with drain issues, no sway bar, cramped down pipes and ground clearance issues. Who ever can get it here will get a SMOKING deal. Parts at my cost plus installed for free.

Users who are viewing this thread