2011 5.0 vs 2010 4.6 vs 2008 Paxton 4.6

achamb7

Established Member
Help me and tell me which you would choose, and why.
Friend of mine is looking for an upgrade. Currently has a 2004 Roush Stage 1, minor boltons. Asked me to help him find a newer ride. He has a budget of ~$20k. I found
1. 2011 base GT, M6, looks to be stock other than CAI. high mileage (71k)
2. 2010 premiuim GT, M5, 100% stock (51k)
3. 2008 premiuim GT, loaded except nav, Paxton 2200 HO supercharged (50k)

Important to note: whichever car he buys, whether one of these or another car altogether, he will only slightly mod. Maybe CAI, shifter, tune... maybe axle back. So please keep that in mind.

achamb7

Established Member
The 2010 and 2008 look to be better maintained than the 11; and the mileage doesn't scare you away? That's pretty high for a 2011...

nicksender

Established Member
I thought this was going to be a race thread!

That is a ridiculous amount of miles on the 2011; but for that price might be all you can find.

I would at least stay clear of any prior owned supercharged vehicle unless I knew the owner personally and knew they didn't beat on it. It could be a ticking time bomb whether the seller knows it or not.

I would just tell him to up his budget a few $1k and he will be able to find base 2011's with much lower mileage.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
If 20k is TOP TOP no matter what, You need to research which CAI it is and if it required a tune. Most do... a handful don't. I'd say if it hasn't been tuned 71k is obviously highway for being as new as the car is, you'll probaly be ok. The Coyote is leaps and bounds better than any stock pos 3V Mod motor. As Nick is saying though up the budget a tad plenty of used coyotes floating around that 21-23k range.

I would never buy a used car with an aftermarket blower on it unless the deal was just way to good to pass up. I.E. a 2.2 KB Terminator for 12 grand or something stupid. That's just me, you learn in my line of work. VERY few people can be trusted.

achamb7

Established Member
It's a C&L CAI; no tune required if insert is used. No idea if insert is still in or if insert ws removed and car tuned. And I believe his cap is right at $20k. This car is asking $22k; I think they can be negotiated with to closer to his budget.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Tell your buddy to save some money an buy another car. All the ones you listed with his budget is a bad idea.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
oh really? please explain why? and should we also just get rid of all of the previews 4.6 mustangs except the cobras while we are at it?

As far as I'm concerned you can get rid of any 3V motor ford has ever made. I too would rather have an 11-14 V6 over a 3V v8. Now the 2v and 4v 4.6s' is another story. I'd take a 2v DHG Bullitt over ALOT of cars.

Users who are viewing this thread