2011 Catoctin Mountain Cruise!!! Sunday, November 13th!

Which day, Saturday or Sunday?

• Saturday

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Sunday

Votes: 18 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
I would love to cruise with you guys, but I don't own a Cobra! Is a GT allowed to come along? I live in Frederick and could meet at that location...

Thanks

Sure. Glad you asked... we don't want it to get so many people that the club gets lost amongst everyone... but you're good to go.

I would like to open it up to everyone and everything, but I don't want to lose the purpose of the cruise and what it means to our club. You're still driving a mustang, so I don't see a problem with it.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Sure. Glad you asked... we don't want it to get so many people that the club gets lost amongst everyone... but you're good to go.

I would like to open it up to everyone and everything, but I don't want to lose the purpose of the cruise and what it means to our club. You're still driving a mustang, so I don't see a problem with it.

Just don't be surprised if you get called Dale.

Baby Gorilla

MACA Member #531
Established Member
im "kid in a candy store" excited for this!! how much does a basic go pro setup cost? I might get an early christmas present just for this!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

I think I paid a few hundred for mine. Love it! Used it on my last trip to Summit Point. Will bring it on this cruise (along with my wife and the Sony HD handheld).

5.0Trunk

Established Member
Thanks, See everyone there!

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I wanna get one as well, might happen. Getting married killed my budget

Don't worry, its only temporary. Not your marriage but the shrunken budget. After awhile they give up and mods are a normal occurance. BTW, I made the check out to just you in your wedding card so if you can snag it before she sees it your good to go.....of course then Melissa will think I'm cheap.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
The mount came with the sticky mounts and i didnt like them very much. I paid 30 bucks for a car suction cup mount and that thing could literally pull dents out of your car its so strong. Unfortuneatly since i bought it used it only came with the covered/waterproof back, so the noise problem was significant. But i drilled some holes in the back and need to cover the front button and the sound is much more decent. Hopefully the weather will allow me to get a quick vid done tomorrow omw to work to test it out on the car. :banana: Instead of riding around with a camera on a sonata and ppl looking at me like wtf is he doing in that pos lol

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
The mount came with the sticky mounts and i didnt like them very much. I paid 30 bucks for a car suction cup mount and that thing could literally pull dents out of your car its so strong. Unfortuneatly since i bought it used it only came with the covered/waterproof back, so the noise problem was significant. But i drilled some holes in the back and need to cover the front button and the sound is much more decent. Hopefully the weather will allow me to get a quick vid done tomorrow omw to work to test it out on the car. :banana: Instead of riding around with a camera on a sonata and ppl looking at me like wtf is he doing in that pos lol

Don't put the suction cup on anything but metal body. It will deform any plastic (bumber, etc.).

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Excellent advice, i did not know that. So far i have only put it on the front window shield and i doubt il put it on anything else. Would the exterior pillars be alright/roof?

Baby Gorilla

MACA Member #531
Established Member
Unfortuneatly since i bought it used it only came with the covered/waterproof back, so the noise problem was significant. But i drilled some holes in the back and need to cover the front button and the sound is much more decent.

I have an extra set of standard back housing (one with holes and one without), which you are welcome to have. I don't need them since I'm using the parts that came with the LCD BacPac and battery BacPac that I bought along with the camera. I will bring them to the cruise if you want.

Would the exterior pillars be alright/roof?

I put mine on both the roof and rear quarter panel of the AMG without any problem.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
I have an extra set of standard back housing (one with holes and one without), which you are welcome to have. I don't need them since I'm using the parts that came with the LCD BacPac and battery BacPac that I bought along with the camera. I will bring them to the cruise if you want.

I put mine on both the roof and rear quarter panel of the AMG without any problem.

Wowthat would be absolutely perfect. Thank you so much :beer:I look forward to meeting you all

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Excellent advice, i did not know that. So far i have only put it on the front window shield and i doubt il put it on anything else. Would the exterior pillars be alright/roof?

Glass is best. I have used side panels with no problem but was nervous. I had it on the back bumper by the license plate and it made a giant pimple that went away after a day. That was after 5 minutes. All day would have made it permanent. The best sound came from below the trunk lid and out of the wind. It was awesome. Ben

Users who are viewing this thread