2011 Dilemma

FireDragon

Established Member
So, I have a 2011 Sterling Grey with Electronics package on order. I'm victim of the "dealer stock" vs "retail order" preference. Naturally, the dealer's "stock" model came in and my salesmen called me to offer a test drive.

Thing drove like a dream. I'm in love!!!! But my dilemma stars with the fact that the one I drove lacked the black stripes I ordered and was almost an extra 4 grand with the performance package and car cover. Not crazy about that, but I guess I can find somewhere to put them on. Also that my 20% I have saved up for my order comes in under the extra 4 grand for the SVT package and car cover. That puts me up an extra 1/2 point on the APR from my credit union and an extra 30-40 bucks a month on my loan. Not much, but it adds up.

So, wait for exactly what I want, which may take up to another 3-6 months. Or bite on what the dealer has. :shrug: Any suggestions?

BTW, the rear axle was painted in the 11 I drove.

IMAG0018re.jpg

IMAG0014re.jpg

IMAG0015re.jpg

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Sterling gray PP stripe delete sounds pretty good. Ask the dealer to add the stripe and work with you on the price. I like the stripe delete myself. Dealer should be able to shop the APR for you, especially if he wants to make a sale.

FireDragon

Established Member
My credit union at 20% down is 4.24. 10% down is 4.74. I doubt the dealer will be able to match that. This is also bi-weekly payments that will come out of my credit union savings account that is automatically deducted from my paycheck. Very convenient. The extra I'll be paying from the additional APR and options is around 40 a month. Like I said, not a lot, but still a little hard to swallow knowing that my order will save me some $. Doesn't make it easy, tho. I drooled all over that freaking car. Loved it. :rockon:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i save go for the cheaper APR, that extra will add up when all said an done an the car only goes down in value

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you cannot come up with the $400 it would take to keep the down payment at 20% and afford the extra $35 every two weeks, maybe you are stretching things a bit thin buying a $55K car?

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Good things come to those who wait :) Wish I had listened to that many times over.

Random side note my 2010(12/09 build) has the painted axle:

4608017579_c63f5c8aae.jpg

Wish I had that diff cover on the 2011 though :(

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Don't ruin that car by adding the "Hey look at me, I'm special!" stripes. That car is much classier without plastering it with some tacky tape. Take the Performance Package car and don't look back. And while stripe delete cars are becoming more common, they are still in the minority.

Just tint and run with it - until the engine mods start, that is.

On edit...anyone else notice that it looks like there is no x-pipe under there?

Tob

Last edited:

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Now that you have driven a PP car, you may disappointed in the regular GT500. So your looking at modding it as soon as you get it home. I prefer stripe delete also. BUT...get what you want!!!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I can't really see your car taking another 3-6 months, so who told you this the salesman? It does not appear that you are completely sold on the package, so I would not settle.

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
I would go with the performance package my self. But i dont know that I would have the dealer put any stripes on the car. Are both the same color

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If you have a budget, stick with it. No sense is spending more just because the car is right in front of you.

AlanSVT

Established Member
Those wheels suck on a sterling gray car IMO. The normal wheels look so much better.

As far as Black stripes. My car had them and I took them off. Car looks good with out stripes.

If for some reason you can tell them to drop the Car cover that should drop the 400 bucks LOL

chuckstang

Established Member
OMG Are you kidding me passing up on that car

That is friggin amazing

I think I like it better than the black stripe delete PP cars out there

That color and those wheels, your crazy to go with the less performance capable non PP car with black stripes.

Stripes are for boy racers ;)

That right there is the ticket, the stance, the wheels, I am in love

FireDragon

Established Member
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you cannot come up with the $400 it would take to keep the down payment at 20% and afford the extra $35 every two weeks, maybe you are stretching things a bit thin buying a $55K car?

Like I said, it's not that big of a deal, but I'd have to come up with almost another thousand down to keep me at my 4.2 rate. I can do it, but I can also have some nice mods for the extra 4 grand for this one, plus the extra thousand down. That almost 5 thousand worth of mods I could use on the one I ordered.

Another thing, if I planned on swapping out the springs, control arms, etc., is the performance package really worth it?

I think I am gonna wait, but man, it ain't easy! Thanks for the input everybody. :beer:

Red10thcv

Established Member
One Word.

Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait.

Buy what YOU want and not what the delearship has to offer.
Beside they'll tell you 6 months to pressure you into THEIR car.

FireDragon

Established Member
Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait.

Buy what YOU want and not what the delearship has to offer.
Beside they'll tell you 6 months to pressure you into THEIR car.

Nah, they didn't come up with the 3-6 month window for mine to come in. I kinda made that up so if it comes in earlier, I'll be happy. My salesman was really cool, didn't pressure me to buy that one, just said it was in and if I wanted to take it for a spin.

Users who are viewing this thread