2011 gt auto ?

blake_colvin

Established Member
I was looking into getting a new GT when i get back from deployment, however im thinking i want an auto for dravability and reliability, idk much about the auto or 6spd in these cars so ill just tell you what im looking for it to be able to do.
I want a 1.7 60ft every weekend reliably out of the auto in these cars.
i knw what stalls are but id like to do it without a stall if possible
i also know about trans brakes and whatnot very little but i was wondering what would be my best option.
Id like to do a trans brake since all i want is a 1.7 60ft. I feel like a stall would be overkill but then again i dont know much.

stang1971

Established Member
I was looking into getting a new GT when i get back from deployment, however im thinking i want an auto for dravability and reliability, idk much about the auto or 6spd in these cars so ill just tell you what im looking for it to be able to do.
i also know about trans brakes and whatnot very little but i was wondering what would be my best option.
Id like to do a trans brake since all i want is a 1.7 60ft. I feel like a stall would be overkill but then again i dont know much.

my auto went a 1.8 60's on the stock converter... after the circle d stall... it pulls low 1.7's

Bad Intention

Established Member
My best 60' with stock converter was 1.81 with my Circle D this past weekend 1.60 60'. their is a guy at the track that has goten as low as 1.77 with stock converter.

GeorgeInNePa

Established Member
My best 60' on OEM tires is a 1.87, I'll be trying drag radials tomorrow.

PS
There is no trans brake for the 6R80 trans, yet.

Last edited:

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member

FYI, both the auto and the manual have 6 speeds...

blake_colvin

Established Member
is it possible to put just a locked converter in the tranny without putting a stall in? and the circle d stall i havent heard of them before but ive seen the in mod list here and there though
and i do see it above as well as a 3600/3800 stall, is that comfortable for daily driving and highway driving? Gotta be honest i know how a stal works but not how to use one..?

and thanks for the info on the trans brake for the 6R80 now that i know the nomenclature of the tranny i can do more self research

and thanks for the info on both tranny's being 6spd

Users who are viewing this thread