2011 GT Exhuast Note - Disappointing?

2011 GT exhaust note - disappointing?

• I agree, it sucks.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • You're crazy, it sounds great!

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Not as good as in prior years, but for the performance value I'll take it.

Votes: 26 47.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JStyles

Established Member
IMO, no modern V8 exhaust note beats that of the 96-04 2v's & 4v's - especially when equipped with an aftermarket exhaust; but the 2011 GT exhaust note is downright disgusting (by Mustang standards).

The S197 3v's didn't sound quite as good as the new edge/sn95's (I do LOVE the 4v Shelby tone though), but still had that signature Mustang tone. The 2011's now have just a generic V8 sound.

Don't get me wrong I respect the 2011 for it's performance value, but is anyone else as disappointed as me? Or do you guys like the new GT's tone?

Vote and let's hear your opinions!

Here are some 2011 exhaust links:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1m820SDqE4&feature=channel"]YouTube- 2011 mustang gt 5.0 magnaflow muffler delete axle back idle rev to 2000 then rev to 3500[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OpnDW29A-o&feature=channel"]YouTube- White 2011 Mustang 5.0 Burnout Magnaflow Muffler Delete Axle Backs And Idle Walk Around[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeJrai1Z6hE&feature=channel"]YouTube- 2011 mustang gt 5.0 magnaflow muffler delete axle back in car sound[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoF4kamVYiw"]YouTube- 2011 Mustang 5.0 Stock vs. Stainless Works Racing Exhaust[/nomedia]

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
from listening to those videos I would say no I dont like it, but I wont pass judgment untill I hear one in person

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
NOTHING will ever sound like a windsor.....even stock they send chills up my spine..or is it down?

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
agreed they dont have the "NORMAL" mustang tone/ sound, esp with a 6-7k high revving redline engine, its sound more like a euro v8, like the mercedes or bmw, or kinda like a corvette sound to it, but thats stock form, I hope to hear some with aftermarket setups,stock exaust always sucks and to quiet anyways, esp on stock mustangs/ gt's.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
The first 3 sound like shit because it's mufflerless. I like the 4th one a lot. It's a little raspy, but I like raspy.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I wanna hear bassani or slp or flowmaster, those have always been my fav throaty exaust on all mustangs :) esp 5.0's thats why I run bassani and slp on my 5.0 :) loud and badass

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Like I said before...they all sound like McQueen's 390 Bullitt 'Stang. Firing order is similar...with the same tone and raspy sound. Not bad...not an N/A NE Cobra for damn sure...but a classic Mustang sound none-the-less.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Holy Mother of God @ the SSW setup!!! I need to change my pants now....That was incredible!! (Lighting up cigarette)

7.62x51

Established Member
I could live with the exhaust note, as there are so many exhaust combinations, Im sure you can find one you are happy with.

But that new mustang ass end - now that's a deal breaker. :xpl:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I also heart the ass end.

haters.jpg

JStyles

Established Member
I will say that I love the styling of the 2010-11. MUCH better than the blocky styling of the 05-09's...

7.62x51

Established Member
I will say that I love the styling of the 2010-11. MUCH better than the blocky styling of the 05-09's...

Ya well the whole car looks PERFECT, until you see the rear, IMO.

The side profile, the front end, etc all look awesome, then you see the rear.

Sucks that Ford finally came so close but missed in such a big way. The last good looking mustang that was produced is the 03 / 04 Cobra IMO

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
lol, nothing comes close to the sound of a pushrod 5.0 with flows, its the sound Jesus himself plays in his walkman.

the 2v, 3v, 4v, are too damn raspy

Users who are viewing this thread