2011 GT Twin Turbo Results

SVTMang

Established Member
Sounds like its time for a built low compression bottom end, head studs, and 20+psi!

D.T.R

Established Member

corepwn

Established Member
Def Jelly bro!!!! congrats man I'd want to try out 8 and 10. you know so the turbos are louder!

You'd be looking at a new short block too. Ask the TT50 guys how they blew their stock short block, it was under 10psi with twins if I recall correctly.

The OP is at about the safe "reliable" stock short block limit, most vendors will agree.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
You'd be looking at a new short block too. Ask the TT50 guys how they blew their stock short block, it was under 10psi with twins if I recall correctly.

The OP is at about the safe "reliable" stock short block limit, most vendors will agree.

Aren't you right around 600 Corey?

13DIB5.0

Established Member
wow awesome!! thinking about this other than a paxton/vortech setup, wondering how itll do being 6spd down the track both 1/8th and 1/4 would be my only concern on this set up.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member

I thought they were pushing theirs pretty good when it let go. There are plenty of TVS cars in the 600 range holding up.

corepwn

Established Member
I thought they were pushing theirs pretty good when it let go. There are plenty of TVS cars in the 600 range holding up.

Yeah, 600 is what most of the vendors I spoke with deem safe for a reliable DD. You can definitely go above that, but the further you push the more likely you are to end up needing a motor.

I know of stock motors being pushed to 740+ before popping.

Last edited:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
We have tuned many twin turbo cars world wide on stock motors and we have seen 5-10psi.

For the normal tunes though, we do not push it over 8psi on a stock motor

SVTMang

Established Member
So I have a stock block 5.0 6 speed with full straight pipe, no cats, x-pipe, longtubes(of course they would have to go). Would the base TT hellion kit you guys sell be safe on say 93 and meth around 650whp? I have been stuck between this kit and a 2.9L whipple kit but from what I have seen a roots sc is harder on the stock engine than the hellion kit. Plus I love the idea of having two top mount turbos sitting in plain view, lol.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
So I have a stock block 5.0 6 speed with full straight pipe, no cats, x-pipe, longtubes(of course they would have to go). Would the base TT hellion kit you guys sell be safe on say 93 and meth around 650whp? I have been stuck between this kit and a 2.9L whipple kit but from what I have seen a roots sc is harder on the stock engine than the hellion kit. Plus I love the idea of having two top mount turbos sitting in plain view, lol.

Really no need for meth. We have not used it. With the exhaust, we perfer a straight free flowing all the way back.

This system can make 650 no problem but thats pushing it for us on mail order. I would recommend it on a dyno though so it can be remote tuned for that range.

Users who are viewing this thread