2011 GT Twin Turbo Results

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Just to ask to since you guys are working with Hellion, could this kit be as "safe" in the 6-7 pound range? Really looking to buy this kit but with just doing a sb install on my cobra last year im not looking go down that road so soon. Good job by all on this project!!!!

Last edited:

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
so there is less than 1% difference in STD to SAE??? I don't think so! but any way the graph looks ok not the cleanest but for 5.5 psi.. And that torque is falling very fast and hard? are they out of effciency already? I guess I just expected better results with a cleaner graph and in SAE corrected numbers . But to the owner enjoy!

Thanks. But you really think these turbos are out of efficiency? They are barely even spinning. Hellion made 1250 with these same turbos at 23psi.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
so there is less than 1% difference in STD to SAE??? I don't think so! but any way the graph looks ok not the cleanest but for 5.5 psi.. And that torque is falling very fast and hard? are they out of effciency already? I guess I just expected better results with a cleaner graph and in SAE corrected numbers . But to the owner enjoy!
Why is a 1% difference so hard to believe? STD is a correction factor just like SAE. As you approach certain temperature/humidity they can become very close(roughly 6hp in this case).

Also, maybe he just didn't have smoothing set to level 1 million like everyone always posts. You should know that an actual dyno can be very choppy and spiky from harmonics, pulses, and sampling rates.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Thanks. But you really think these turbos are out of efficiency? They are barely even spinning. Hellion made 1250 with these same turbos at 23psi.

At 5.5psi, yes they are most likely operating out of their desired efficiency range, they would definitely be happier moving more air.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
At 5.5psi, yes they are most likely operating out of their desired efficiency range, they would definitely be happier moving more air.

Oh I thought you meant like they were already done at 5.5 psi. Yeah at 7 or 8 psi it would be stupid. I haven't even drivin it on the street yet at 586 lol

D.T.R

Established Member
Oh I thought you meant like they were already done at 5.5 psi. Yeah at 7 or 8 psi it would be stupid. I haven't even drivin it on the street yet at 586 lol

Those turbos on Hondas usually "wake up" at 15psi... However, since this is a v8 platform that moves more air, I'd probably say around 10psi those turbos will "wake up" on these motors.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member

With out air quality... yes. You will see almost no difference. I used to not believe it was true till I moved here from Mass. If you have any more questions, please feel free to call and I can explain more

Just to ask to since you guys are working with Hellion, could this kit be as "safe" in the 6-7 pound range? Really looking to buy this kit but with just doing a sb install on my cobra last year im not looking go down that road so soon. Good job by all on this project!!!!

yes it can. We have tuned different boost level GT's all over the country. If you have any more questions, please feel free to call us or Hellion.

D.T.R

Established Member
Boost controller, Injectors, bap, 7psi =
surprised-gasp.png

BUCKET

Established Member
80lbs, BAP, turbosmart boost controller, check..... 10psi!

If I can get time =\

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread