2011 GT500 MBRP Beta System Install (Street Version)

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This is one of our first kits we've produced for this car (a stock 2011 GT500). They system is still in BETA trying to dial in a couple key elements to set our kit appart from the rest. This is our 3" Cat Back Street System that features our chambered muffler.

Installtion is pretty straight forward. Here you'll see the stock system in all its glory. I had access to a lift for the installation, however this install could be done in your driveway or garage as long as you allow the axle to droop for proper space to remove the stock exhaust.

MBRPStreetSystem003.jpg

The stock axle back using a ball and socket style flange. On our catback system we've opted for a slip joint connection for an easy installation. If we go into production of an axle back for these cars, we'll likely use the same style connection.

MBRPStreetSystem006.jpg

You'll be reusing these clamps to install our system. The clamps are very well made and there was no use to replace them

MBRPStreetSystem011.jpg

Stock Cat Back removed

MBRPStreetSystem013.jpg

We'll be providing a spacer to move the lateral panhard support to be dropped down to allow for the massive 3" Tubing over the axle.

MBRPStreetSystem020.jpg

From there, I hung the axle back portion and worked my way forward.

MBRPStreetSystem021.jpg

MBRPStreetSystem024.jpg

Tightened up the clamps

MBRPStreetSystem028.jpg

Installed the tips: (We are Considering 4.5" Tips over the 4" seen here)

MBRPStreetSystem036.jpg

MBRPStreetSystem034.jpg

MBRPStreetSystem054.jpg

Some Dyno numbers comparing the Stock, Street (shown here), and our Race Version.

2011GT500.jpg

iPhone Video of the first start up. Not the best quality but you get the point.

th_9_8_104_29PM.jpg

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
sounds pretty good, though i would like to hear the car under load. looks great, and the 4.5" tips would only be better!

Seahorse

Established Member
Sounds good, and I agree on the 4.5" tips - would fill out the bumper openings much better, those 4" versions look tiny in there.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks fellas. We are also considering expanding the openings on the mufflers along with a 4.5" tip. Your thoughts there?

We will get some more videos up for sure!

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Probably won't have our pricing down for a couple weeks after we make our final tweeks and dial in the production factors...however, as with most of our systems, we will be competitavely priced to other similar systems on the market.

Here is another iphone video (sorry about the wind noise) Half Throttle with the windows down

th_9_8_108_09PM.jpg

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
Not trying to be a dick, not at all.

What's the point? Virtually no power gain, and the stock exhaust sounds awesome.

I am 32 and have been completely past loud exhausts on my Mustangs for years now.

What is the benefit? Again, just asking, not trying to be a dick.

SmirkNOS

It is what it is!
Established Member
Is that the stock H-pipe, It look kidda big? Love the mufflers. If you produce the whole system I will get it. But I expect an H-pipe with High flow cats!. Nice job guys

rdsnk46

Established Member

What's the point? Virtually no power gain, and the stock exhaust sounds awesome.

I am 32 and have been completely past loud exhausts on my Mustangs for years now.

I'm pretty sure this kit is designed for cars making higher HP #'s.....bigger exhaust = more flow. More flow = more power.

They wanted to make a different kind of muffler option for sound purposes. Thus the reason for the street and race version.

red9450

Established Member

If it's too loud, you're too old.... Not trying to be a dick....

Damn man, 32? congrats. contemplating retirement yet? Again, just asking, not trying to be a dick.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Exhaust systems on this car are really more of a supporting modification, as they are with any vehicle now days. Note the second picture above, testing shows that while at the stock power levels, the exhaust can get away with being nearly flatened and restricting flow, if you up the power levels just 10% (55bhp gain) that small section robs you of nearly 14rwhp over that of a fully mandrel bent section in the same diameter. Increasing the tubing diamter from 2.75" to 3.0" has an exponential power increase over those numbers.

I've also got VMP tuning for my car and have baselines (stock pulley) vs. our standard street kit shown here. Running just Justin's tuning I was able to grab an additional 10rwhp over my peak gains with the stock exhaust system. My next round of tests will be with the stock catback and this kit with a 2.6 upper and VMP tuning. My thoughts that when boost is increased the gains over the stock system will be that much more.

Wingrider

Established Member
My super picky setup would be for a 2011 GT500- Dynatech LT's, High flow Cats, H-Pipe at least 2.75 or 3" back to the factory mufflers or something that sounds similar as I really dislike a raspy sound. All this would be in place to support a Whipple 2.9.

I'd also make due with off road exhaust but I understand you need some restriction to help boost.

I'm probably dreaming to achieve this and will have to wait as more systems like this are made for 2011's.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Thanks fellas. We are also considering expanding the openings on the mufflers along with a 4.5" tip. Your thoughts there?

We will get some more videos up for sure!
hey, if it was up to me i would say stick one of your guys' 5" diesel stacks on the back of the muffler for the outlet. no such thing as too large of an outlet!!! lol
I'd also make due with off road exhaust but I understand you need some restriction to help boost.
"boost" is a measure of restriction, so 1PSI of boost on a stock GT500 isn't really the same as 1PSI of boost on an '03 cobra. boost isn't neccessarily what makes the HP, but it's the volume of air. if you can reduce restriction(larger exhaust, CAI, long tubes, ported heads, etc.), then you'll decrease boost since boost is only a reading of restriction. however, the same volume of air will be entering the engine, so the engine will make the same amount of power with less boost + additional power from the freer flowing exhaust, heads, and opened up intake.
basically, the boost reading isn't a concern when making power, it's the volume of air and how smoothly and quickly that volume of air can get into and out of your engine. the smoother and quicker it can move, the less boost you'll have, but the more power you'll have.
hope that made sense.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread