2011 GT500 MBRP Beta System Install (Street Version)

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Here are a few more videos of the same system on our other car (the boss man's 2011) on the track at Mosport Raceway.

Here is blowing past a vette
th_MVI_1620short.jpg

And 1 More
th_MVI_1589short.jpg

Last edited:

Wingrider

Established Member
hey, if it was up to me i would say stick one of your guys' 5" diesel stacks on the back of the muffler for the outlet. no such thing as too large of an outlet!!! lol

"boost" is a measure of restriction, so 1PSI of boost on a stock GT500 isn't really the same as 1PSI of boost on an '03 cobra. boost isn't neccessarily what makes the HP, but it's the volume of air. if you can reduce restriction(larger exhaust, CAI, long tubes, ported heads, etc.), then you'll decrease boost since boost is only a reading of restriction. however, the same volume of air will be entering the engine, so the engine will make the same amount of power with less boost + additional power from the freer flowing exhaust, heads, and opened up intake.
basically, the boost reading isn't a concern when making power, it's the volume of air and how smoothly and quickly that volume of air can get into and out of your engine. the smoother and quicker it can move, the less boost you'll have, but the more power you'll have.
hope that made sense.

Thank you for the detailed info.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Should have some vids and pictures of our Race Series coming in a few days.

Here is a dyno of our system (street kit) with a 2.59 VMP Pulley, Idler, and a custom tune from Justin @ VMP. The 581rwhp pull is probably a touch over zealous has I was having some traction issues on the rollers on that pull.

Last edited:

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I've not done any additional modifications so I haven't dynoed yet again. I was actually so impressed orginally from Justin's tunes that I also didn't see the need.

Users who are viewing this thread