2011 GT500, what mufflers are you using?????

Colleton

Established Member
I'm running the stock exhaust and have no intention of changing anything. They sound perfect to me.

I had FR500S "KR" mufflers on my 09 though, and really liked them. If I were going to change mufflers, they are probably what I'd go with.

Last edited:

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'll be switching to one of our chambered mufflers here shortly. I love the way the car sounds tone wise from the factory, just need a little more volume. However, the looks of the stockers is just awful IMO.

Eibach060.jpg

FireDragon

Established Member
Is there even anything out for ours yet? I'm looking at the Roush Extreme exhaust if/when it comes out for the 11s. Sounds great on the 10s and with the H-pipe it should sound even better.

gud2goe

Established Member
:rolling:i am thinking mufler delete this weekend...:shrug:...i will give it a shot..:??:

ps jesse you already woreout the stock tires?

Last edited:

kens88gt

Established Member
I have the "KR" ones on my '08 and the sound is awesome; get so many compliments on it. And no annoying drone inside. You should hear it at WOT.....incredible!

NightEnforcer

Established Member
I'll be switching to one of our chambered mufflers here shortly. I love the way the car sounds tone wise from the factory, just need a little more volume. However, the looks of the stockers is just awful IMO.

You are right about them looking awful. I masked off the back of my car and painted them with a flat black high temp (2,000 degree F) paint. Can't even notice that they are there now.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
You are right about them looking awful. I masked off the back of my car and painted them with a flat black high temp (2,000 degree F) paint. Can't even notice that they are there now.

Can you post some pics? Sounds interesting.

2Sharpie

Established Member
Is there even anything out for ours yet? I'm looking at the Roush Extreme exhaust if/when it comes out for the 11s. Sounds great on the 10s and with the H-pipe it should sound even better.

Give American Racing a call...........they did a set of long tubes for me with a catted-H instead of an X, so I'm pretty sure they make you what you want. Can't wait to hear it with my Roush O/R.

LeddZepp8687

Yes, It's slow.
Established Member
Anybody got a set of stock mufflers they wanna sell? They'd have to be off an '11 though cause I'm pretty sure those are the only ones that I can use...

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
any difference in just getting Axel-back mufflers to running full cat-back like on previous generations?

Users who are viewing this thread