2011 GT500 whipple 2.9 dyno numbers

F8L SN8K

Established Member
^^^^try shopping around Lethal isn't the only place that sells parts. Take a look at the FRPP kit vrs their kit. From them the FRPP kit is 6295 while their kit is much less. A quick search on the net I found many places selling the kit for less then 5900 and Tob paid 5600 for his. Budget minded people shop around for the best deal. You don't walk into best buy and buy what you want without comparing prices with other places for the same product do you?? Find a better price and see if the company want to buy from will price match. Then you vote with your wallet on the best deal, service and conviniance.

Yay free market and capitalism!!!

Last edited:

Seahorse

Established Member
^^^^try shopping around Lethal isn't the only place that sells parts. Take a look at the FRPP kit vrs their kit. From them the FRPP kit is 6295 while their kit is much less. A quick search on the net I found many places selling the kit for less then 5900 and Tob paid 5600 for his. Budget minded people shop around for the best deal. You don't walk into best buy and buy what you want without comparing prices with other places for the same product do you??

Tousley quoted me the same $5600 price - remember too the FRPP kit includes the new fuel pump, FRPP TB, tune and 123mm MAF/CAI. Still haven't decided myself yet though which way to go...ported stock setup for now, or go right to the point I'm going to end up at anyway with a larger blower.

Last edited:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Just skip the port and go straight to the TS. Save the time, money and effort of installation. Be realistic with your goals for the car and pick the right one for YOUR needs. Resists the temptation of the whole mind set of bigger is better always. It shouldn't be a d!(k measuring contest when it's so big you can't supply enough blood to use it all the way. I always keep coming back to the spinal tap "but these go to eleven" quote these days. I'm running a 2.2KB on my 03 stock long block and all the normal bolt ons. Makes 600 to the ground. Contemplated going more but it's my DD street car. I'll save the HP for the race car. Because on the street a pulleyed car is all that is useful unless youre a race from a roll person. But thats not really racing is it?? And a pulleyed car makes merging on interstate so much easier ;)

Blackmax

Established Member
^^^^try shopping around Lethal isn't the only place that sells parts. Take a look at the FRPP kit vrs their kit. From them the FRPP kit is 6295 while their kit is much less. A quick search on the net I found many places selling the kit for less then 5900 and Tob paid 5600 for his. Budget minded people shop around for the best deal. You don't walk into best buy and buy what you want without comparing prices with other places for the same product do you?? Find a better price and see if the company want to buy from will price match. Then you vote with your wallet on the best deal, service and conviniance.

Yay free market and capitalism!!!

I do my price checks and Lethal is always right in there. Plus I know they will answer the phone the next day.lol

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator

Again, FRPP has a list price of $4,399. That price is way high. Both Tousley Ford and Buyfordracing will sell it to you at a substantially reduced price from list. Lethal is advertising (as per your link) for a whopping $3.05 less than FRPP list. Unless you just fell off a turnip truck, you should know that Lethal's price on that specific FRPP part is far higher than you'd pay elsewhere. That isn't to say that Lethal wouldn't match the price from another vendor.

If all you were buying was the blower itself, I wholeheartedly agree, there would be no reason at all to pay more simply because it says FRPP on the side. If each has the "crusher" inlet, etc, they are indeed the exact same blower. Lethal is the way to go.

If Lethal could have matched Buyfordracing or Tousley on the FRPP/Whipple kit I purchased, I'd have considered them. If they were only a few dollars less than FRPP list price ($6,295) then forget it. At $5,600 (Buyfordracing or Tousley) that's $700 less than list that I (and others) paid for the kit.

Last edited:

fastlif

Established Member
I've had another tuner tell me I needed more fuel pump but with Lund's tune I have plenty. This is on a KB2.8 with BAP. I would only deal with Jon Lund if I were you.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Again, FRPP has a list price of $4,399.

Who has the kit for that price. I would have went that direction and just told them to keep the tune for that amount.

I think the $4,399 list price is for just the blower, not the entire kit. Both have been discussed in this thread. The kit, including tune, throttle body, mass air, inlet tube, etc. is more than that.

Blackmax

Established Member
Again, FRPP has a list price of $4,399. That price is way high. Both Tousley Ford and Buyfordracing will sell it to you at a substantially reduced price from list. Lethal is advertising (as per your link) for a whopping $3.05 less than FRPP list. Unless you just fell off a turnip truck, you should know that Lethal's price on that specific FRPP part is far higher than you'd pay elsewhere. That isn't to say that Lethal wouldn't match the price from another vendor.

If all you were buying was the blower itself, I wholeheartedly agree, there would be no reason at all to pay more simply because it says FRPP on the side. If each has the "crusher" inlet, etc, they are indeed the exact same blower. Lethal is the way to go.

If Lethal could have matched Buyfordracing or Tousley on the FRPP/Whipple kit I purchased, I'd have considered them. If they were only a few dollars less than FRPP list price ($6,295) then forget it. At $5,600 (Buyfordracing or Tousley) that's $700 less than list that I (and others) paid for the kit.

O.K. its too late for anything now. What I need from you Tob is an idea on how to extend the connection on my throttle body. The plug barely reaches and is very tight, I fear it could eventualy break. I guess this would vary from car to car because all I need is like 1/4 inch. But the harness won't allow any slack. I'm talking about the motor connection on drivers side. Thanks

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Am I correct to assume that you've installed a 2.9, and this issue has cropped up when you now try to reconnect everything, harness wise?

The TB harness plug shouldn't have moved. Note mine in the following photos...

IMG_7319.jpg

IMG_7279.jpg

Is the pigtail that comes from the main harness on the wrong side of your fuel rail?

On edit...

Oops, you said the TB motor side. Yes, that one had zero slack.

IMG_7413.jpg

IIRC, that plug exits from the large main harness that runs behind the blower...

IMG_7187.jpg

Did you relieve the harness from the two bolt bracket? You should be able to work everything towards the driver side just enough to allow the connector to slip on...

Last edited:

Blackmax

Established Member
Hi Tob, Yes I did everything you say and I did gain a milimeter. But what happens is the passenger side connectors become tight as well. I did get the plug on its just so friggin tight I'm worried vibration will cause the wire to break.This might not be a good thing for throttle ? I could just keep my eye on it and thanks for the reply.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If you really aren't comfortable with it I don't see why you couldn't extend it.

I'd consider extending the harness with properly soldered connections, covered in heat shrink, wrapped with electrical tape, and covered with the OE style corrugated plastic sheathing. Time consuming, yes, but the peace of mind may prove to be invaluable for you.

Tob

Blackmax

Established Member
If you really aren't comfortable with it I don't see why you couldn't extend it.

I'd consider extending the harness with properly soldered connections, covered in heat shrink, wrapped with electrical tape, and covered with the OE style corrugated plastic sheathing. Time consuming, yes, but the peace of mind may prove to be invaluable for you.

Tob

I'll make sure to keep an eye on it as well as the hoses and cables I've crammed up against the firewall. I hope this blower is better than stock! lol

5.4Venom

Established Member
Am I correct to assume that you've installed a 2.9, and this issue has cropped up when you now try to reconnect everything, harness wise?

The TB harness plug shouldn't have moved. Note mine in the following photos...

View attachment 122276

View attachment 122277

Is the pigtail that comes from the main harness on the wrong side of your fuel rail?

On edit...

Oops, you said the TB motor side. Yes, that one had zero slack.

View attachment 122278

IIRC, that plug exits from the large main harness that runs behind the blower...

View attachment 122279

Did you relieve the harness from the two bolt bracket? You should be able to work everything towards the driver side just enough to allow the connector to slip on...
Can you send me a pm? I have a question about this kit, Thanks!

5.4Venom

Established Member
You can’t send a pm. You don’t have enough posts.
Makes sense, I’m just trying to get some carb stickers for my Whipple because I live in California lol. I need a serial number from someone who bought a FRPP 750HP kit so that Whipple can send me some carb stickers lol

Users who are viewing this thread